Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Surprise to us All [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She leaned into him, and he eased her some because she was so worried he would have been angry with her for not getting a note to him in time. But he was being supportive. Her head settled on his shoulder for a moment before Niamh grew fussy. She lifted the infant into her arms, the spitting image of her, and she said, "What if I am not a good mother?" Even as she was doing the right thing in caring for the wee one, who seemed to take comfort in her mother's touch and settled back down quick enough. Even still, she checked Niamh's nappy and changed it the way she had been shown, getting up and waddling to the crib to place her so she could tend to Harold Jr the same. When she sat back down, she sighed wearily.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Her brother was about to speak when she got up to change the children. "Karen!" He chided her and frowned. "You shouldn't be up on your feet. You just gave birth. Stay in bed unless you need to use the water closet or wash up. Nothing else. I'll bring you food and drink and the children. You'll make things worse moving about and stressing yourself." It had been too late as she had managed to do them rather quickly and he sighed knowing she'll worry him sick. "The idea of you not being a good mother is ridiculous. You love your children and have the moment you knew they were coming. You also know some about how to care for them from your late husband I'm sure. You'll be fine and there's plenty of women around town to ask if we have questions. Just be confident in yourself."

536 Posts
15 Threads

She sighed because she was being chastised for changing nappies. Karen said, "I didn't go far. Are ye going ta bring me to the chamberpot to piss too?" It was a sarcastic question, he had struck a nerve. "I also tried ta get ye to hold one of them earlier and ye shook yer head at me, did ye think I was goin ta force ye to take care of them?" She sat back and sighed, and calmed herself because Harry was getting harried. "Sorry... sorry... I don't wish ta argue, I am just so damned tired right now and have a lot on my mind. I don't mean ta snap."

Karen took a few deep breaths and calmed herself. Her brother's next words seemed to make her relax, and in turn, so did the boy. "I will try ta do better."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony rolled his eyes. "I didn't know what you wanted. I thought it was just to come closer. And I shook my head because the situation was a lot to take in." He slumped and looked towards her. "Come on, Karen. Relax and be happy. Let's not make everything a fight. I'm just worried for your health. If I have to get you a bed pan you know I will. I want you to rest and get up only when you have to."

He put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm serious. Alright?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I'll try," she said as she settled back in, gave a great yawn and found herself staring off. "A woman should be here soon to clean up the mess I've made of this house. You won't have to worry too much, brother." She lay her head on his shoulder again and closed her eyes for a moment.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony sighed and hugged his sister to let her rest on him. "Come on, don't be silly. I would have cleaned it up. You didn't have to call anyone. But right now I'm going to be here to keep an eye on you. So just relax, ok? I am going to make sure you take it easy..." He smiled weakly as he closed his eyes and let his head rest on hers. "You've had a very hard day. But it's over. You now have two beautiful kids and don't have to go through that again. So the hardest part is over."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"There are some things you just can't help with," she reminded him with a tired smile, "Things that involve a woman's unmentionable areas. I do not plan on getting a wet-nurse after all, I seem to have plenty of my own milk. I promise I am not trying to be a pain about it, I am just pointing out that having help is necessary this once." The last thing she wanted was for her brother to see her breasts out or help her with the chamber pot, her pale cheeks went pink a little at the thought. Then she offered Harry to him, who was squinting up at his uncle, looking through blur and doing what newborn babies did... making cute faces and wriggling a little.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony arched a brow, "Are you saying you think I'm useless in helping because its such a private area?" He frowned as if he were hurt. He then laughed and patted her shoulder. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't play with you after what you've been through. I certainly am happy to let you have a professional lady helping there. But you know if you're ever in an emergency, you do have me. I'm not a little child who would point and giggle." He stuck out his tongue then looked down at the little boy.

He wasn't used to babies so he was very careful and slow taking the child. As he cradled him in his arms, he tilted his head. He bit his tongue at her naming him after that no good dead husband but wasn't about to say anything. "He's cute. Glad he takes after you."

536 Posts
15 Threads

She smiled, "Oh, trust me, ye'd have paid to see the face of the poor priest who I traumatized earlier. I think he is counting his blessings that he is a priest and celibate," she didn't know anything about his homosexual tendencies but that would never really bother her. "I actually had the thought ye'd be traumatized too if ye saw what Father Gabriel saw." She had tears of laughter streaming down her cheeks by that point. "I do trust ye, just... would rather have some dignity," she chuckled.

Karen watched as her brother picked up Harold and gave a smile, knowing he wouldn't have liked the name but had enough respect for her to let it go. She wouldn't tell Pony that she thought the boy looked more like his father, but he probably knew that and was trying to keep it light for her sake. "Wait until you meet Niamh, she'll melt yer heart."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Ah perhaps you'd have preferred that then. I see this monstrosity and become celibate as well. Then I would always be by your side to help with things instead of going out to talk to women." Pony laughed jokingly and gently rocked the boy.

"Niamh? Where did you pick up that name?" He asked her curiously as he held the boy and looked at it curiously. He hoped the child wouldn't fill him with rage as his father had done, but was sure it wouldn't since he was family.