Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Fa la la la la la la la la [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

He didn't have to be asked twice before taking the provided cup and thanked him with a soft tone. His eyes were down when he was thanked and it made him glance up to look at the man across from him. He smiled slightly though was a bit nervous if he said the wrong thing it would scare Father Richards and he'd leave. "Don't worry about it. You went through something scary and i want you to feel safe. I am happy to be here. Besides I've never had a chance to see this place." Elijah tried to chuckle softly but he tried to do it so quietly it almost was mistaken for a cough. "You don't need to say sorry though. I honestly am always happy to help you in any way I can. I respect you, and I am happy to spend time with you. Even if it's a moment." He relaxed in the chair to ease any tension the priest might have imagined in the room. "And this is good tea, thank your maid for me later."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

If anything could bring back the tension, 'I'm happy to spend time with you' would. Gabriel quickly looked down at his own tea and then in front of him and he sipped the hot drink. Mr. Crane was happy to spend time with him. And it made him feel like he was soaring for a moment. What a steam of emotions indeed. He had to get back in control of himself. "I admire you. Your job I mean! I admire you doing your job. I mean, you being a constable. I couldn't do it." That came out smooth...
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked surprised at his reaction. He nodded and smiled. "It isn't an easy job, and it certainly doesn't make friends. It's what I've always wanted to do since I was a boy though. And I am happy I try my hardest every day. I don't think I could ever be a priest like you though. I am not as pure or patient." He sipped his tea and looked down. Damn it. Gabriel was too much, he didn't know how cute he could be.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel smiled and shook his head. "I'm anything but pure. And not always patient. It's challenging, but rewarding as well, when you see that you can really mean something in people's lives." He looked at Elijah. "I suppose you experience the same as constable."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

The constable shook his head and grinned as he tried to focus on the tea. "You are too humble. You're also right, I feel the same. It gives me sincere happiness to know I protected someone. I've never wanted to do anything else. I guess we are lucky to be doing our dream jobs."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Ouch. Gabriel smiled and nodded, and then stared into the room, hands wrapping around the cup. Dream job. He had always believed it was. Yet lately things were rough and he found himself to be restless. Something was bothering him. Something he didn't feel comfortable inspecting in daylight and so it sat in the back of his mind, stirring up discomfort every so often when he let his guard down. "When did you decide you wanted to be a constable, then?" he asked, eager to lift his mood before Elijah noticed.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah hmmed and shrugged. "Shortly after I survived that house fire, I think. I was so grateful to those who saved me, I wanted to fight fires. But I have a terrible fear of fires, so I decided I wanted to dedicate my life helping people in other ways. I settled on constable and I've been pleased with the choice. What about you?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel gave him a smile. Mr. Crane did not know how good a person he was. He thought for a moment. "Not as interesting as your tale," he replied. "Though sad as well, fortunately. I did well in school and got a scholarship to a good Jesuit school. I was an altar boy there, and was captivated by the Mass. I started reading mystics and learning more about the faith... They wanted me to become a Jesuit. Well... I considered becoming a missionary, but the Jesuit fathers, they were so strict and rigid. All about rules. I mean the rules in themselves. Not the impact, or inspiration behind them. And though I liked the studies, I wanted to work with people, ordinary people. So I decided to be a diocesan priest instead. My father was furious..." he said with a laugh, and he shook his head at the memory "I was the only son."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah listened before he gave a small nod. He finished off his tea before he replied, " I find your tale interesting. it shows how right I am about your kindness. You are very smart and could have perhaps gone far, but you care so much about people. I think it should be more important in religion to care about your fellow man than getting into heaven. I would hope being a good person would be enough, since it is so hard to be perfect. Our hearts should be able to guide us to glory." He was such a damned hypocrite, he thought to himself. It made him look down as he placed the cup quietly on the table.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Oh dear. It was his job to get pastoral here. He shook his head. "Getting into heaven is important," he quickly said. "But we don't have to be perfect. Just try. But that shouldn't contradict being good to one another. Our Lord himself connected love of God and love of the neighbour as the two great commandments." Phew.