Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Fa la la la la la la la la [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

"Please, don't be nervous or afraid. I have faith in the town and in you. Perhaps things will work out. " Elijah certainly hoped so.

He locked up and stood beside the nervous priest. "I don't see or hear anyone. Just stay close."He would have offered his arm but was certain it wouldn't be welcomed. He clearly made the man nervous in their past meetings though he put on a kind face for the constable's sake.

"It isn't too far." He gave him a comforting smile and started to walk. He kept a slow pace so he could keep an eye out and listen in case he thought he heard an extra footstep from their own but it seemed to be rather unremarkable in the night for the moment.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

"I'm alright..." he said, voice still not quite normal. Maybe the evil robber was following them, just to enjoy watching him so scared. He couldn't remember feeling this unsafe. All the reasonable arguments he gave himself in his mind for why he shouldn't be so frightened were futile in the face of this basic sense of fear. He stayed rather close to Elijah, looking over his shoulder every five seconds. "I thought this town was safe..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed, he felt awful for what had happened to Gabriel. He slipped his arm around him and started to walk quicker. He wanted to help him and the best way was getting him to where he'd feel safest. "It is.. but every town has its bad few. I am sorry that you had to run into one." That guilt hit him too. He wanted to help him but didn't even know who was responsible or how to keep it from happening.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel froze up a little when Elijah slipped an arm around him. He hadn't expected it. And if people would see them... And yet he said nothing about it. Nor did he pull away. He was glad to pick up the pace though. When they reached the presbytery he turned to Elijah. "Do you want to come in?"

Bad idea.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah could feel the man freeze up. He wanted to apologize and explain it was to help lead him back quickly, but he decided to remain quiet. He was relieved when they arrived without issues and helped him inside. He looked curiously at the man.

"I would like to check around so you can be assured no one's there. But if you want me to immediately leave..." He wanted to stay and keep an eye out for him to make sure he felt safe but he worried that the man wouldn't want him around with the strange way he acted around him.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"I would appreciate it." Gabriel said, and they entered the house. The housekeeper came out of the kitchen with a candle and looked at them confused.
"Well, whatever happened to you father?!" She asked. Gabriel briefly recounted the experience, trying to keep his voice under control. He would rather that she left him alone, but there was no way he could not tell her. "Can you believe the state of this country!? You just sit down, father, and I'll make ye a cuppa tea." She disappeared into the kitchen and Gabriel sank into a chair, looking at Elijah miserably.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Seeing the maid, he relaxed as there was little chance someone snuck in and she didn't notice. He gave Gabriel a reassuring smile. "I am sorry to say this sort of thing happens sometimes. It happens everywhere a little, it seems. What is important is you weren't hurt. Take it easy and I'll look around the place." He patted his shoulder and began to walk around checking under every bed and closet as well as making sure the windows and doors to outside were all secured.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, as Elijah went around the house. He still struggled to get a grip on himself. It was as Elijah said. He was not hurt, apart from the fall. And although he had lost the money and felt ashamed for it, that was not all that bothered him. He kept seeing the man with the knife. He kept reliving his own helplessness. And even now, in his own home, he felt fundamentally unsafe.

The housekeeper came with tea, but Gabriel managed to sit up and force a smile and tell her he didn't need anything else and that he would be just fine and she could go to bed. As soon she was gone, his face fell. Thank God Elijah was here. Without him, he would probably have been eager for her company.

Now he was eager for her to go. He waited for the constable to return.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

It was a large place so it took a few minutes to search every shadowed corner and behind every door. The place wasn't full of clutter so there wasn't many areas for someone to hide. He came with a relaxed look. "There's no one else here. I didn't think so, but it was important for you to know that the place had been searched, I think." He gave him a small comforting look before he sat in another chair. "Are you alright? If you want to be alone to try to sleep it off, I can go." Elijah remembered well how he seemed to not want him around in a private setting. His fingers brushed over the arm of the chair though he felt nothing through the gloves as he wondered if the priest would be alright. He seemed nervous and it was understandable he'd be scared after what occurred.

"I have no where to be right now though. So I can be here as long as you want."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel felt bad, but the desire to have Elijah stay was almost to strong to fight. "Have some tea before you go, please," he said, and he quickly poured Elijah a cup. The housekeeper had thoughtfully provided two. Gabe handed it to him with an almost apologetic look in his eyes. "Thank you," he said quietly.