Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Fa la la la la la la la la [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel watched the man. Then he shook his head and walked off quickly, sore and shaky. He was headed straight for the constabulary and was hoping with all his might that Mr. Crane was there.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

A bit disappointed by the situation not escalating, but overall still satisfied with the catch, he let the stranger go his own way without another word, and went his own way also, with a self-satisfied smile on his face.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah jumped hearing someone at his door. He came to it quickly and he felt like his heart drop into the pit of his stomach. "Father Richards!" He almost called him by his first name, but he had been working mentally hard to not make that mistake. Still, it was easy to be informal when he was worried for the man who looked like something definitely happened. He helped him inside to a chair quickly so the man could catch his breath. "What has happened?" He looked at him in concern and knelt down to eye level. He didn't even notice nor care that his hand remained on his arm. If the man had been attacked, he'd find the criminal immediately for doing something against such a kind and gentle man.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Thank God Elijah was there. The sight of him had never been sweeter! Now that the experience sunk in, Gabriel was pale and trembling, once again. His cassock was dirty from falling, and there was blood on his palm, from trying to break his fall. "E-, Mr. Crane," he said, breathlessly. He let the man lead him to a chain, in which he sank down instantly. He was so upset, he did not even consider the hand on his arm or their physical closeness. "I was robbed. Oh God have mercy! He took the money for the Christmas meals! And I just let him!" Gabriel tried to calm himself, but in truth, he was close to tears.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Robbed!?" Of course he knew quite well there were some desperate people in the town who would love to get their hands on that money. The idea they actually would, and would hurt him was very maddening though. He got some water and a bandage to take care of his bleeding hand as he shook his head.

"You didn't let him. You did what you had to to remain unharmed. Even if you didn't see a weapon doesn't mean they didn't have one. Are you alright??" He looked up at him worried as he was finishing the wound, trying to make sure the shock wasn't hiding anything else on him. "Did you recognize the man? Maybe I can find him."He would search all night if he had to. "I am glad you didn't put your life in danger to protect that money. You are more important."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel let Elijah treat his hand. He watched him with adoration. The very gesture was comforting. Elijah was so tender and kind, it made him feel safer instantly. "He had a knife..." he said, his voice steadying. "I, I did try to reason with him at first. I... Oh mother of God... I don't quite remember what he looked like... I just encountered him.... He was... short."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and looked up. "It's ok. It must have been terrifying. You tried, and didn't do anything unnecessary to put yourself in danger. Maybe I can see if I can get donations from York to help fix what's been taken. But if you can remember anything, let me know. But don't strain yourself, I don't want you to agonize over something like this. It might give you nightmares if you don't have any already."

When he finished, he went away to wash his hands quickly and return. "Do you want me to walk you back to the church? If you are scared, I can always come by to help keep an eye out. Whoever robbed you will clearly know who you are from your clothing and the donations. But I do not know if they'd come for you since they already took the money."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"I think I was just unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time." Gabe said. "Any help would be welcome, though I'm sure there's more poor in York than in Whitby... I don't know what to tell the people." He held his hand, looking at the bandage. "Well, thank you, anyway. If you don't mind walking me..." It felt like weakness, but Gabriel couldn't help being uncomfortable with the thought of going out alone. He wouldn't mind having Elijah's comfortable presence by his side. And for once, he had an excuse.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"That is sadly how it usually goes. People look for opportunity."

He shook his head. "I know a few people in York since I went to school there for my work. I was hoping they had connections to help me just this once. Since I am hopeful they are still the nice men they were when I was there. If not, it was at least a chance and we will still try to find donations some other way. Everyone should know you are a very honest and good man who wouldn't dream of taking even a pence from the church. They will hopefully not be too disappointed if things fall short due to the circumstances."

"Don't fret, I would worry myself if you walked home alone. I'll be happy to give you peace of mind. I have failed keeping you safe already since I wasn't there and can't find the person who did this right now. But perhaps things will turn around and we can catch who did this before it is all spent." He considered asking the bars and the like if anyone tries to pay money out of a tin. Would this thief be that foolish? Probably not, but wouldn't hurt.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

That only made his mind race. What if people thought he had taken the money!? Oh how terrible. He had been entrusted with people's donations and he could not even prove that it had been stolen. What if someone started rumors about him! What if all his work here would be undone and people would mistrust him!? He turned pale. "Who knows..." he said nervously. "Oh I hope so..." He stepped outside and looked around as if a robber might be waiting for him around every corner.