Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I'm surprised you still came [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

The morning after Uriel's first day of teaching, a girl was waiting at Uriel's desk for the teacher to arrive. She looked about fourteen, had a round face and red hair. They were early and only a few children were in, but more were coming in now. Some looked curious. Others recognized her and waved. Others smirked at a nervous looking Bram who stood beside her.

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

Bram stood beside his sister sheepishly. He looked at the teacher's deserted desk and wondered whether he could open that drawer. But then he remembered that he had sworn his sister that he would behave. It was easy to forget.

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

Uriel, not late, but he had gotten there early in the morning to patch the hole in the wall of the back room. he trudged out of the back and sat at his desk, and he tilted his head, "May I help you?" He looked between the siblings, tired, guarded.

629 Posts
22 Threads

The girl blushed deep. "I apologize my father couldn't come, ser. 'E's already out at sea. But 'e's sorry for the trouble and thanks ye for informing him. And er..." She elbowed Bram.

391 Posts
5 Threads

Bram had been watching Anne, but when she elbowed him, he turned to the teacher sheepishly. "I am sorry for being disruptive, master Meijer," he said in a small voice. "I'll be a good boy from now on."

308 Posts
8 Threads

"Well, I am sorry I had to send such news home... I know he is a busy man." He glanced to Bram and reached out to ruffle his hair, "You just have to focus on some things." It was Ed who needed to be better, he thought, having shown up with food for all of the kids who didn't have lunch, some extra set aside for the older boy in hopes of making some sort of peace. He also baked a bunch of little buns he was about to hand out for breakfast since he knew some of the kids hadn't had breakfast. "Here, go have some breakfast," he said and handed out buns to all the kids whenever they were ready to grab them. "We will stay just a little later from now on but there will be breakfast in the mornings. I know it's hard to think about sums when you're hungry."

391 Posts
5 Threads

Bram looked at the teacher nervously, but calmed when the man ruffled his hair. He had had breakfast, but he took a bun anyway and sat down.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne had eaten her breakfast, but she still looked at the buns longingly.

188 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 4'10"

Ed came in as if nothing had happened. He walked past the desk and noticed the man and the buns and snatched two. He stuffed one into his mouth before Uriel could stop him and pushed the other into Anne's hands as he passed her by. He took his seat and put his feet on the desk. He looked at the man innocently and pointed to Anne. "She took one too." It was a terrible lie, but so what? If the teacher didn't want him taking it, he shouldn't have left them out like that.

308 Posts
8 Threads

"Everyone is welcome to have one even if they had breakfast. Wouldn't have been nice of me to make these and not have enough for the whole class, now would it?" Seeing that the kid was hungry, he set extra buns in front of him and a few other kids. He then turned to the class after setting the plate down (still half filled, he thought he needed to make extra), "We are going to try some new things. Young Edward, what say you to being my assistant today? I need your help for a moment in the back room." And he would be leaving the door open so he could see. He paused and looked to Bram, "You get to be in charge for a minute, I want you to stand up and lead everyone in saying their sums out loud. They are already written on the black board." And to Anne he said, "Even if you did eat breakfast, have one if you want. You can have it for a snack later if you aren't hungry now."