Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Take Me to Church [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

It had been a long time since Karen had set foot within the confines of a church, and she needed to do so now that she was settled in town. She had set off for a walk in the misty morning in order to do some contemplating, and she would give a heavy sigh when she realized she needed to sit down and the nearest place to do so was the church in question. She went inside, moved to light a candle, crossed herself and said, "Forgive me, Father, for not kneelin', but me belly is in the way." And then she would move to the front pew to sit down.

She was grateful for the load off of her feet. It wasn't easy being pregnant and it was getting warmer, and the fact she was very likely carrying Twins made her belly bulkier than it should have been at five months along. Good Lord, but it seemed nature was stacked against her. She pulled out a hanky and wiped her brow, then gave a heavy puff and bowed her head. She curled her fingers around her rosary and began to move the beads accordingly between her fingers.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel had a few hours to himself in between Mass and visits. He was sitting in one of the pews reading and reflecting when a heavily pregnant woman entered. He watched her sit down but did not want to disturb her prayers.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Karen finished her prayers and took a deep breath for standing up. Except that the pew left little to be desired on helping her out, for the back was ungiving and her bulk was unwilling to shift just right. Then the next sounds that came were like little sobs that bubbled forth and she grunted in effort to stand. She had seen the rector and called out, "I am sorry," squeak, "But I seem to be stuck in the seated position. I'm afraid me belleh is in the way." Squeak.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel got up and rushed over. Oh dear. He was actually supposed to keep some distance from women.

Super necessary, of course.

When he was near her he stopped and looked awkwardly, not wanting to touch her without permission. "Erm... What do you need me to do?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Just hold yer arm out," she murmured. Assuming he did so, she heaved herself out of the pew, then gave distance. "That was it. I appreciate yer help... I couldn't seem ta lean just right to get up." She was laughing at herself, that was what sounded like crying.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

He helped her up and looked at her with a terrified expression. She was... big. "You probably shouldn't be out alone, ma'm. You look like you're" 'About to explode' was what he wanted to say. What he said was: "close to giving birth..."

536 Posts
15 Threads

“I’m only five months along, Father.” She said with a sobered expression. “I know I look like a cow,” her voice was almost like a whistle for that. She rubbed at her twin wielding belly and sighed. “My husband thought it might be twins, but he died and he was my doctor too.”
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Oh..." One would think if you encountered misery all the time, you would know how to deal with it. It still felt uncomfortable every time. "I'm very sorry to hear that. Recently?"

As soon as he asked it, he mentally beat himself up. DAMN BLOODY HELL GABRIEL, OF COURSE IT WAS RECENT!

Is face remained neutral.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"A few months ago," she said. "Killed by a possessed man. He died in my arms." She sighed. "I could have sworn I'd heard the sound of the Ban Sidh(shee) that night but they are not in England." Her lovely Irish twang was such a gentle bubble despite her starting to get emotional. "In any case, father, ye can relax. I don't intend ta cry."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel looked shocked. "I'm... so sorry. Did they catch the man who did it?"