Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

Nothing is certain

135 Posts
10 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'2"

She sat in the garden of the manse. It had been a long night for her, between the soiree and Nate, everything was so discombobulated within her. She was conflicted. And there too was the fact her brother wanted to choose a man for her... Absolutely not a man she wanted nor felt the least bit attracted to. She was attracted to Nate more than she cared to be. She hated that she liked him as much as she did, considering the marriage was meant to be in name more than anything. In fact, she was more fond of him every time she saw him.

Amelia stood from the bench and wandered the path the gardeners had lain out, a winding and almost natural path through a rather large and natural lawn as opposed to the manicured grounds she had seen elsewhere. She wasn't sure if she even wanted to keep this up any longer, or if she should call the marriage off. She could have money or she could have peace... She couldn't have peace with Nate, there would always be sparks every time she laid eyes on him and that frightened her.

She sighed and walked to the house this time, going in and moving herself to the study where she yanked out some paper and a pen, and she began to write...

"Mister Appleton," she started strictly formally with this one when she rather liked his name. "I regret to inform you that I think we should reconsider this marriage before we..." She muttered a few oaths that would make her dear brother balk at her, and then crossed that out. "To whom it may con... No, don't be a ninny." Scratch, scratch. "To the Venerable Nate Appleton! Ugh." She crumpled the paper up and chucked it into the cold hearth.

She got up and paced, "I think we are making an error... I think I cannot marry you... I think I should just forget the fortune and marry the mousy man my brother picked just to keep the peace.... At least Alex cares enough to help, that is more than father ever did."

109 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 6 feet
Alias: BlackAck

Nate wasted no time dipping his nib in response to Amelia's letter.

Dear Miss Mason,

As a lawyer, I deal with truths and falsehoods regularly, thus I always advise the truth in the grave matters before the bench. Personal happiness is surely an equally serious affair. You must do what you think is right of course, but I urge caution before rushing to a decision you may later regret. On a personal note, it has been my pleasure to act as your legal counsel.

I remain your obedient servant,

Nathaniel Appleton, QC