Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Weakness Comes From the Soul [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah told himself he wouldn't come. Nothing good would happen when he stepped into the church. He was going to wait for the priest to speak to him, if he so chose. Yet here he was, standing before the confessional though he had nothing to confess. Well nothing that he thought was a sin, just a fault in his spirit.

The place was quiet and he stood in front of the booth, reaching out to just press his fingertips to the wood though he couldn't feel it through his gloves. He opened it and saw the priest wasn't there on the other side. Disappointment filled him. Perhaps it was a sign he was a fool through and through.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

"Mr. Crane." Gabriel stood just outside of the sacristy. He had promised himself he would go and talk to Elijah, but every time a distraction came along, he took it with both hands, and so Gabe hadn't 'found time' to see Elijah yet. As a priest, one could keep oneself conveniently busy.

Yet here was Elijah Crane, looking as lovable and when he had first laid eyes on him - no, first heard him. Gabriel looked down, before mustering up what little courage he had and approaching him. "Are you alright?" His attempted neutral voice came out tense.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah stared at him. Was the butterflies in his stomach obvious. Why did this strange man make him feel warm? He tried to recover and remind himself that he wouldn't let the beautiful face or kind voice move him as it always did, but it felt too late.

"Oh, worry to bother you, Father. I was ..going to speak in confession. Though I had no.. sin to speak of. Just.. needed to speak to someone." Someone in particular who he was now gazing upon and admiring the view. But now he couldn't say what he wanted, he had been seen there was no secrecy.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Oh..." Why did he have to keep himself from trembling? "Well... confession is for sins... But, you can talk to me any time you need to." He swallowed.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked away and rubbed his hands nervously. "I wish to but.. " He felt his mouth go dry as uncertainty filled him. "I like to.. speak anonymously, sir. You are human and.. I fear being judged for my thoughts..a-and.. feelings."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel gave him a concern look. "It is not my job to judge..." well, it sort of was, but... "only to guide and help you be a better Catholic." But how on earth could he guide Elijah. It was like a blind man leading a blind. "I will not share what you tell me in private. Only if you have committed a crime. I am here to help." And he knew he couldn't.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned more and looked at him. He leaned in to speak softly in his ear. "W-what if.. I had spoken to you before? In confession? A-about .. sinful thoughts.. desires .. a-about.. " He frowned and looked away shamefully. "Men." His voice was so quiet it would have been easy to think he had been misheard.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel felt uncomfortable with Elijah reaching so close, especially with what he was talking about. Gabriel felt himself blush and he suddenly wished for the safety of the confessional. "That... That would fall under the seal of confession and I won't be allowed to speak about it with anyone." And he would prefer to keep it in confession. His heart was pounding loudly.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah felt horrible. He reeled back and turned. "I knew I couldn't speak about it. I.. I am sorry.. I should go!" He felt his face burn red and hung his head ready to go and not step in that place again.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"What? No! Wait!" Gabriel reached out and grabbed his wrist. "That's not what I meant!"