Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Shit Job [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

295 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 6'

Wesley nodded idly as he waved the priest off. "As should be, not everyone can do my job."

He was on patrol and at the moment, he was hoping to do his own more personal justice with those involved here. Though it might not be possible at the moment. When the other spoke quieter he rose a brow and looked at him. "If you actually have something missing and think it's them. You report it. I'll get the evidence and investigate and see if it is them and arrest them." While he would find it sweet to get the trouble making Wards. If he could find that this priest was embezzling, that would be nice. Have him shamed and kicked out. Could bring a smile to the constable's face.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

My, this man was full of himself. Malachi nodded along like he believed every word.

"Well, nothing big, sir. Only a few small things here and there," he explained, arms coming to cross over his chest. "I'm worried that if they aren't caught now, they'll move onto bigger things. I've seen it happen at the Anglican church."

Ugh. He didn't want to think about being there again.

Malachi glanced off to the side, watching the door of the privy.

"I would not be surprised if it was the same ones that robbed them. The more I hear about these Wards, the less faith I have in them, constable."
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

Oh! It wasn't James the priest was talking about! It was the Wards! James swung the door open and jumped out of the privy. "I know who stole from the church! It was Bram Ward! He was bragging about it in school! He nicked candles!"

295 Posts
3 Threads

The constable narrowed his eyes as he studied the priest as he spoke. "You are certainly making a lot of assumptions." Was he the one to talk? Who cares.

Just then, the boy jumped out and spoke. He rose a brow and a confident smile came to his face as he looked back at Brennan. "Ah, a boy in your class nicked some candles, did he? And he may progress onto bigger things? I guess we can certainly all go to the station and turn it in. Next thing you know, he is taking candlesticks. Maybe even jimmying open the lock box and taking donations. Candles are a slippery slope after all." He had to stifle a laugh.

"Shall we?" He rose an arm to gesture for them to start walking.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

"I disagree," Malachi rebuffed. "I witnessed both events myself. I only suggested that they might be connected."

Am I doing your job FOR you?

His attention strayed from Constable Roberts as James burst forth from the privy, but not for long.

"Yes, theft of small things can indeed be a slippery slope when left unpunished."

Did he actually give a shit about the candles, or the things stolen from the other St. Hilda's? Absolutely not, but this constable was just full of it. Malachi was surprised that Crane was the one facing scandal when Roberts was clearly less competent. Regardless, the priest started walking in the direction he had gestured.
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James followed the constable with a spring in his step and a smug smile. He was going to get Bram into so much trouble. Maybe they would lock him up or birch him. Serve him right!

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley nodded putting on a serious look. "Yes yes.. you witnessed both. It's a good thing you finally decided to report it. As you said, it could lead to bigger things. It's a good thing I came upon you. Who knows how many times you'd have been robbed before you decided to do anything about it!" Immediately, he switched back to a casual smile and started to walk with the priest and boy. "You can tell me all about it and describe the perpetrator when we get there."
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Right, right. Malachi nodded along as if every word out of Roberts' mouth was not just pissing him off even more.

"Excellent," he said, bringing his hands to rest behind his back as they walked. "Thank you, constable."
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James looked from the priest to the constable. They were both just kind of weird weren't they?

As he followed quietly, he devised a plan to run away just as they were passing a corner. Then he remembered that he was going to turn Bram Ward in, so he continued to follow them.

295 Posts
3 Threads

"It's my job, of course." Wesley said sounding almost obligingly. He noticed the boy as they walked, surprised he was still walking along them and not trying to run off or returning to his... sister wasn't it?