Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Shit Job [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

There was that dreaded smirk, gracing him with its presence once again. Malachi furrowed his brow, fixing the man with a serious look.

"Well I'm afraid I don't know where it is, constable."

It was a lie, but it wasn't as if this man could prove it. He'd certainly never visited the constabulary, and he thought it reasonable enough to assume that a relative newcomer, such as himself, wouldn't have run across it yet.

"If you showed me the way, I would be more than happy to do it there. As for my reasons, I simply wish to see justice served -- is that not enough?"

295 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 6'

Wesley rose his brow and chuckled slightly. "Oh really? Any one who moves to town should know where it is, as well as a doctor. What if there were an emergency? I could be kind and help you.." He sighed as he didn't want to help the man, but this was his chance to get some scum off the streets.

"Since you are wanting to see justice served, how can I refuse? Alright, once this boy leaves, we can go. And I will get you to fill out a report on this Ben Ward."
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi had no interest in visiting the constabulary or any kind of doctor, but if it meant getting the constable off of Ruth and James' tails, then he was willing to do it.

A pleasant smile seemed to bring life to him again, and he dipped his head in understanding.

"Of course," he said. "Thank you, constable... what was your name?"
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James took his sweet time. Perhaps if he stayed here really long, they would just go away. He wouldn't protest the constable arresting Ben Ward though. He listened.

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley wasn't about to relax. This impossible priest switching moods only made him more suspicious.

"Constable Roberts. Here on loan from York. Now... " he was quick to get back on topic. "You said you wanted me to arrest Ben Ward. I hope you actually have a crime and aren't wasting my time."
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Ah, he was on loan from York. That meant they'd take him back at some point, Malachi hoped.

"If I waste your time, it's by no intention of mine, Constable Roberts," he assured with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"And I do not want you to arrest the man until you've found evidence of his crimes. But if the road to justice starts with a report, I will gladly answer to the best of my abilities."

It was a load of shit, that's what it was. He'd never set eyes on Benjamin Ward, and if he had, he'd not been memorable enough to file any reports about. Whatever feud stewed between the Longbottoms he'd met and the Wards he hadn't, it was not one that Malachi had much knowledge of.
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James quietly pulled up his trousers, but remained inside the privy and listened at the door.

295 Posts
3 Threads

"Of course, of course. I totally understand.." Constable Roberts said, pushing aside his clear annoyance for the moment. The priest was as much of a liar as he was, and he'd get his revenge if at all possible. He wanted to wipe the weird serene look off his face.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't arrest him unless I had something on him. And almost all crimes start with a report, don't they?" He flashed a grin. Certainly it was easy enough to bend evidence and witnesses to a certain place and time if need be. If he wanted someone bad enough. Didn't he have enough statements hidden in a lock box at the constabulary that proved as much?

"So as soon as the boy comes out, we can go there and you can make your statement. I would take it now, but I prefer such things said in privacy so people can't over hear and warn a possible criminal.'
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

"Of course, of course," Malachi agreed easily, echoing the constable's earlier words. "I trust your judgment."

He didn't know how long James was going to be in that damned privy, but he could stand here all day. Could Constable Roberts do the same, when justice surely called?

"I actually have more questions, if you don't mind answering them, constable. I have reason to believe someone else--" he lowered his voice to whisper, "another Ward," before he raised his voice again, "has been stealing from the church, but I have no solid evidence. What would you suggest I do?"
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James was tempted to go outside and give the constable his own evidence against Ben Ward. Perhaps they could all go arrest him together and he could help. That sounded pretty cool.

But then the priest talked about someone stealing from the church and James put a hand over his mouth. He wasn't going to turn James in, was he? James couldn't hear everything the priest was saying. He put his ear against the door.