Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Shit Job [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

295 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 6'

Wesley would have replied, but the children called out to their mother. Before he could question her, the priest but in giving her a lot of information. He studied him but the moment the man stopped talking he immediately stepped closer to separate them. "Mrs. Longbottom, you gave this man permission to watch your children? May you please tell me his name and how your came upon him that he would offer his services to you for free?" He said quickly, and gave a small glare to the boy to keep him silent so he wouldn't toss out the name but went back to look at the woman. His eyes searched hers for any small hint of confusion, that was all he needed. "Since I found the smaller children on the cart with him and this older child in a bar."
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James but his hands on his head and pouted. "We were gonna stay put, but ye took so long!" He climbed out of the cart and moved back over to the priest for comfort.

192 Posts
9 Threads

Ruth looked from the priest to the constable - the latter got his hint of confusion. She understood what the priest was trying to do pretty soon, but she didn't understand why.

But then Ruth rolled her eyes and scowled at the constable. "And 'ow is it yer business? It's not illegal to 'ave someone else watch yer kids, is it?" She moved Lucy so that she could put the girl on her hip. "Make yerself useful and go fight some real crime, will ye?"

She turned to the little boy, stooped a little, lifted him out of the cart and set him on his feet. "C'mon, we're goin'."
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

As soon as the boy hopped out of the cart and moved to his side, Malachi set one hand on his head and the other on his shoulder. Couldn't keep him from hearing all of the nonsense the constable spewed, and he was fairly certain that he must have heard far worse, but he could at least keep him from being knocked around again.

"Problem solved," said Malachi, turning his polite smile to the constable. "Now, if you'll excuse us..."

His hand fell away from the boy's head, but the one at his shoulder gently pressed as he moved as if to follow after Ruth.

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley's smile faded and he stared dangerously at Ruth. "You should be careful who you leave your children with. Since you refuse to answer my questions, I will be keeping an eye on the both of you. If I find these children without watch again, I will take them to the constabulary. And I'll be a lot less nicer about getting them shipped off to the orphanage for neglect. It's my job to look out for the safety of the public, including children. And believe me, I've heard things. I don't think it'll take long before I get that chance."
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James felt comforted by the priest's gesture. He was about to walk along, when he saw the cart. "Oh wait..." he ran over to collect it and followed the priest and his sister, not looking at the constable. He'd give that constable a taste of his slingshot some other time.

192 Posts
9 Threads

"They weren't without watch, but if you need that excuse to ogle me, go ahead, love!" Ruth called back walking along, slow enough for her son to keep up, but still as fast as possible.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Oh, the dear constable had heard things. Malachi had to resist the urge to scoff at that, maintaining his unaffected expression only by the grace of God. This man did not care about helping the public. All he wanted was an excuse to feel powerful, and scaring children and threatening young mothers and priests was likely just his latest outlet.

Ruth's quick counter did break a laugh from him, but it was short-lived, covered by a clearing of his throat.

"Of course, constable. Peace be with you. I'll- oh," his focus strayed to the boy and the cart. Whatever, the girl had already dismissed the constable well enough on her own, and it would only serve their lie well if he did not immediately split off from her and the children. Not until the constable was out of sight, at least.

Malachi fell into step beside the boy, "you've been pushing this for a while, do you want me to get it?"

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley wanted to outwardly glare and take them all in. Shame this priest before his sheep. It wouldn't do though. He considered an idea, so he fell into step beside the mother as he pulled out a notepad.

"As lovely as you are, madam, you are married, are you not? You shouldn't be flirting with constables. Now can you tell me the names of everyone here and their relationship to you?" He said as he wrote things down.
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

"Okay," said James, rather eagerly, and he handed the cart to the priest. Then he climbed in, so that he wouldn't have to walk.

James watched the constable continue to harass his sister. He reached for his slingshot and had it halfway out when he thought better of it, and put it away again. He wasn't going to get locked up for Ruth's sake. Not after she had hit him.

"Uh... I think 'e's not quite right in the head," he whispered instead to the priest in a very audible tone.