78 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10inches
Alias: Hutchie

Quote:6th May 1893, Sitapur British India

Dear Kate,

Thanks for the socks! They are always welcome out here. The dampest from the sweat eats away at wool and eventually falls to pieces. Your needle work is improving. I promise on my return I'll teach you. I've taken the place of the regimental tailor and hopefully means less Time outside the camp but I'll still do the occasional patrol.

I'm glad our parents are well. Hopefully da isn't too hard on the new guy. I know what he can be like! We've also just had some new men arrive to our regiment and company. Even though its coming towards the end of spring it's still in the high 20s here and we are heading into summer. It drops low here at night. It was 5 degrees last night.

I've attached a few bits for you and ma. There's some photos of the camp. There's a couple of me and a couple of regimental photos. One of the locals does embriodered handkerchiefs aswell of the regimental crest so I've sent a couple of these aswell for you and ma.

I'm waiting on new sewing stuff to arrive. Once It comes I'll send you some. You might find that your needles are whats causing you issue.

Ruth hopefully knows what she's doing. She's always been the sensible one out of Joe, Ruth and me. I'm sure she would help you if you are struggling. We all would and if anyone hurts her. Id be on the first boat home to deal with it!

Anyways baby sister I best wrap this letter up. I've got some mess waistcoats that need sewing and alteration. Give ma & da my love, be good and look forward to hearing from you

With love
John

In the package with the letter was photos & handkerchiefs

Messages In This Thread
Letters from India - by John Blacke - 05-01-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: Letters from India - by Kate Blacke - 05-18-2023, 12:40 PM
RE: Letters from India - by John Blacke - 06-18-2023, 05:34 PM