Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

Room with a view

4 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 6' 2''

"Isn' that what they say all the time about Egypt too, when in reality most of it it's precious only because so ancient?" Koerd tried to make the conversation a little bit light. "It is odd this hasn't attracted certain types of characters…" he observed, a little bit pessimistic. Koerd was often a little bit pessimistic.

When he had first met Ramses, Koerd would not have recognised that expression for what it was, but he could now. Anything that distracted focused and contemplative Ramses to bring his attention back to the physical world and even bring him to react ought to be considered meaningful, because the man was generally concerned with much grander things. Koerd was honoured to be counted among this. Never mind that it had taken malaria for it to be the case. Now, he was being unjust, Ramses had always been a good friend and Koerd ought to be grateful for it. Really, his lot in life wasn't bad at all.

Koerd shrugged "Why do most people do what they do? To survive, I suppose. Most of our time is spent doing that, isn't it? Though some are trying to make grander things survive, some are merely concerned with their physical body. Sometimes, that is how it should be," Koerd answered, his tone controlled and understated as usual. "Understated" could, in fact, be his middlename. "I appreciate the lack of judgement. Perhaps it will be a good read for me. Do you admire her neutrality?"

Koenraad understood what Ramses meant. His lips pressed together. Somehow, he felt like most of the energy he had right now ought to be put in his next answer. He took a deep breath and then tried to suggest "Sometimes treasures are buried quicker than they ought to be so they can survive. But if they were never created they could not be found," he theorised.

While his business associate looked away, Koenraad looked at him directly and tried to figure out what he meant really. His first answer was rathe deadpan "No. My faith promises nothing of the kind after death, so I do… tell myself something better will be there for me. My "better" must be here," he tried to say. He bit his lip "But I do, sometimes, wish things could just turn into a different direction. What dream are you hoping to get back to?" he said that gently, his breathing now slowed down.

Messages In This Thread
Room with a view - by Koenraad Akermann - 08-23-2022, 06:06 PM
RE: Room with a view - by Ramses Kotb - 08-29-2022, 03:23 PM
RE: Room with a view - by Koenraad Akermann - 08-29-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Room with a view - by Ramses Kotb - 09-23-2022, 02:29 PM
RE: Room with a view - by Koenraad Akermann - 09-24-2022, 04:28 PM