Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Sometimes Dreams Do Come True [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

67 Posts
2 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Kate nodded encouragingly. She really hoped there would be peace. With dad at least. With Joe? Well... Somebody had to tell him he was an idiot.

There was school tomorrow...

Kate had never played truant before. She was too much of a teacher's pet, and too scared of mum finding out. But for the first time in her life, she was tempted to do so, terribly so. She wanted to spend more time with her brother before he went away again, even if he'd be closer this time. How she had dreamed of John returning to pick her up from school and taking her somewhere and spoiling her like a big brother should. But Miss Bell would be so disappointed if she found out. She had already scolded Kate today and had told her several times over the past year that she would have to work harder if she wanted to keep up. She'd be really angry. And she'd tell ma, which was a million times worse.

"Well..." She could pretend she was sick. Not at home; ma would see right through it, and even if she didn't, Kate would have to stay at home then pretending to be sick all day. No, that wouldn't do. But she could tell the teacher she was feeling sick and pretend to go home! "Only for an hour, early in the morning. We're through most of the material for the new year," she lied. "I can meet you at St. Mary's after that. We can walk to Robin Hood's Bay and catch a ride back. Only, don't tell ma. She wants me to study when I've no class, so she'd never let me go!" Another lie. The truth was rather that if ma found out she'd skipped class, she'd have her hide.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes Dreams Do Come True - by Kate Blacke - 10-15-2022, 01:10 PM