Hello, guest!
or Register?

Selene's Selection
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Hi!

For Bess:

Obviously I have Tobias for Bess. I would love to do some past threads with them as well as current. Alice is his wife. I think she’s just too young to have been taught by Bess, which is awkward at so many levels, but obviously they know each other. Not sure how their relationship is at the moment, but I imagine that since Alice has been making Tobias’ life hard, and Tobias may have complained about her, it might not be good. Either way, I would love to work out Bess’s relationship with these two through plotting and threads.

Anne Ward knows Bess, since they have interacted when Alice and Anne were found on the moors. I think now that Bess has moved to Whitby, there is more chance for them to interact. I imagine Anne’s regard for her has decreased as she increasingly dislikes Tobias, which would allow for some tension. Not sure what Bess’s religion is atm, but she might interact with the Wards through church.

Rose Willaby and Maggie Colley are Alice’s older sisters and may have been taught by Bess in their first years (Bess may have taught their now deceased older brothers too). Maggie’s teacher thought she was bright and might become a pupil teacher, but that never happened, since she was needed at home. She’s not wealthy enough to buy jewellery and they would move in different social circles, but somehow the connection with Alice might bring them together again.

Ben Ward is Alice’s father and they have met when the girls were found. They move in very different circles as he is a fisherman, but again, may interact through Alice, or exchange civil conversation when they meet in the street or elsewhere.

Tristan Wells is doctor and he would definitely know Bess from a previous life. He was close friends with Tobias when they were in school together in York, and has spent a few weeks at the farm one summer.

Jenny Cook is Tobias’ 13 year old maid. She’s mostly in Castleton, but they will have had plenty of past interactions, as the Cooks have lived on the land since Bess was in her late teens. I was thinking Bess might have helped Jenny and some of the kids with their school work when she was visiting. I was also thinking that at some point, a younger sister might replace Jenny and maybe Jenny could become a maid to the St. Clairs? Just an idea.

Ruth Longbottom might also have been in one of Bess’s last classes, but she would probably not have been there a lot and she would have been a lot to handle. She’s still a lot to handle and might come begging for handouts.

For Stephanie:

Anne Ward is her age, but she’s a fisherlass, so apart from through Alice, they would probably not have too much reason to interact. However, they might go to the same church, and interact in the context of a girls mission organisation or something.

There would be plenty of opportunity to interact with Tobias and Alice obviously. Alice is only 1-3 years older than Stephanie, so if she needs a reason to be grossed out by her uncle (whom she probably doesn’t have a longstanding relationship with anyway) or anything…

Catherine Ennington is from one of the wealthiest families in town. Health permitting she is very active in different charities and societies, so they might know each other through one of them. They could be friends.

Messages In This Thread
Selene's Selection - by Selene - 05-28-2022, 06:55 PM
RE: Selene's Selection - by tomato^2 - 05-28-2022, 10:15 PM
RE: Selene's Selection - by Somniac - 05-28-2022, 10:39 PM
RE: Selene's Selection - by GreatTallywhacker - 05-29-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Selene's Selection - by Jack - 05-29-2022, 02:22 PM