Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

His punctuality was a good thing indeed, apparently. Malachi felt his eyes widen slightly at that, brows raised just as subtly in surprise. He had assumed that Edmund would worry if he returned to the room and found his sister missing, but God, he was glad not to have stressed the poor boy out that much.

Where was her brother at this hour? As much as he hoped that Edmund had just found a late-night job, he worried himself about what a job like that might entail.

“I do my best,” was his response once he had shaken those thoughts.

Malachi started to lift his arm, started to move away, just to feel Mable’s other arm slip around him before he could.

“Oh,” he hoped she was not nervous to go back into the room on her own. Did it scare her to be in there on her own for so long?

He adjusted the arm already rested on her shoulders, and grabbed his hat before it could fall right off her head. In a swift motion, Malachi placed it back on his own and then wrapped his other arm around her to return the hug.

“Goodnight, dear,” Malachi held her tighter, as if he could transfer all of his warmth to her. He loosened his hold before long, not wanting to actually squeeze her, but decided not to drop his arms until she did.

“I’ll be at the church all day tomorrow if you want to see me. If not, I’ll come by next time I have a chance, alright?”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer - by Malachi Brennan - 05-20-2022, 03:03 AM