Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

It was more out of astonishment than acquiescence that Mable allowed herself to be pulled close to Father Brennan's side.  For just a second, she tensed as the man's arm moved above her, until it rested harmlessly - no, more than that - comfortingly around her shoulder.

Inexplicably, a drop of water from her hair splashed into her eyes.  She blinked them furiously to clear them, turning her head down so the hat she wore hid her face incase they fell.

Shouldn't it be impossible that someone as big as Father Brennan could touch her so gently, be so kind?  It went against everything she knew.  It made her happy and sad at the same time.

Mable only finally released her lip from between her teeth when she was questioned.

"It depends where I am.  Back on the farm I would - don't laugh, but I would pretend to be a fairy.  I would make mud-soup from dirt and leaves and sticks and pretend to serve it in my fairy restaurant!  My brother would always clean his plate."  The words were more giggles by the end, Mable obviously enjoying the memory of that game.

As she spoke, an arm wriggled behind out from between her and Father Brennan, wrapping behind his back and holding onto his clothes.

"Sometimes my brother and I would dig holes, too.  Really big ones!  Once, he dug so far down he could stand in it and couldn't see over the top.  We'd also build small dams in the creek, and watch how it made the water flow differently.  On the road to New York, I would play a color spotting game with myself.  Oh, in the hotel, I was making a picture with those little pebbles I was throwing.  That one's a little difficult though."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer - by Mable Reynolds - 05-18-2022, 11:34 PM