Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Married... to the church.  Oh dear.  Mable is sure Father Brennan does not mean for it to sound so sad, but she can't help the grimace on her face as he speaks.  She smooths it out as best as she is able to when he tries to reassure her, but Mable is still unconvinced.

"I'm sure you would be able to help just as many people whether you were able to get married or not," she said dubiously, but shook her head.  "As long as you're happy, Mr. - Father Brennan, I think that's all that matters."

She gave the man a bright smile from below the brim of his hat and patted his arm.  Yes, his happiness was all that mattered, and if he found it in the church, who was Mable to criticize him?

"I hope my brother will be a good husband one day too, but I do worry about him.  He's a trouble maker, you know, and he's not nearly as tall as you, Father Brennan.  Tragic, don't you think?  Our dad was very tall - maybe taller than you, even.  It's a shame my dear brother isn't."

As Mable spoke, she again stuck out a hand again to point at nothing in particular, as if scolding a child, and her voice took on a tone that bordered on frivolous.  If that wasn't enough, it was obvious from her suppressed grin that this was a common topic she used to tease her brother.  She clicked her tongue and shook her head.

"There's hope for him yet, I think, but not for long.  If he doesn't grow soon, he may have to follow you into priesthood."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer - by Mable Reynolds - 05-13-2022, 12:55 AM