Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] New to Town and I've Got Things To Do [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi allowed himself a smile, small and polite, when the pie was handed over to him. He followed her, content to sit wherever she pleased, and when he dipped his head he looked almost bashful.

"There's a housekeeper here," he informed, "she doesn't let me forget."

That didn't mean he always ate, of course -- it was stranger for him to always have someone around providing it, but he hoped it was enough to soothe whatever worries Nettie might've had in that regard. Malachi sat down, and after a few moments' consideration, opted to make himself eat the little pie now so that his niece could know that he did.

It was more than he deserved. She was more than he'd ever deserved, and he knew he had not always made it easy for her, with his transitory life in the church. But it wasn't a bad thing to know someone cared.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Town and I've Got Things To Do - by Malachi Brennan - 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM