Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Finding a good match for the Vaughn family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

14 Posts
0 Threads

Mrs. Pearson smiled seeing the young woman's expression seeing the house.  She had been proud to be asked by Mr. Vaughn to make sure the insides were comfortable and welcome to those that might end up living in them.  He had given her a budget of course, but like everything the man did, it was generous. 

"I am glad you like it.  You can paint your own paint colors in your room, of course, but the main areas should stay white, please.  As for the curtains and any other decor, that is up to you and whoever ends up sharing it with you, of course."

"You do have neighbors here along this row of cottages of course.  Right now that larger cottage on the corner there beside you is Mrs. Calloway with her little baby twins, the laundress at the moment.  After the wedding that cottage will be empty of course as she will be at the big house."

"Then here in this small cottage will be you, of course.  The other big cottage beside you on the other side is currently empty.  But the small one on the other side of it is the Head Gardener, sharing rent with the Ground Keeper, Robert Smith."

"Here in the small cottage across the lane here on the other corner is the main house Cook - Miss Cora and the Kitchen assistant her niece, Miss Bella who also share their rent.  Straight across from you in the large cottage where my husband and four boys live."

"Then another small cottage next to me is where the Butler, Mr. Tinkerman lives alone.  I believe you met him when you arrived.  Miss Hiedi has named him, Mr. Tink.  Just in case you hear her call him that."  She chuckled.  The next larger cottage is shared by the other three maids:  Miss Molly, Miss Pheobe, and Miss Tabitha.  They decided they wanted the bigger rent but sharing it is not bad on the rent.  There is one more small cottage and one more large cottage at the end that are rented for various grooms and stable boys that work here live in the loft of the stables."

"Oh,  by the way, we address the cook, assistants, and maids Miss with their first name.  I hope that is not an issue?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finding a good match for the Vaughn family - by Mrs. Pearson - 09-12-2021, 02:03 AM