Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

Lorn had handed his hat to Mr. Tinkerman when he came in the house, so his white hair gleamed in the fire behind him as he sat down.  "I will too, I don't use this room much, so extra work for just me seemed silly.  So, I either eat down with them in the kitchen or in the nursery with Heidi."  He shrugged.  He was a humble man and didn't like to ask others to do what he could do himself.  Part of how his parents taught him.

"I'm hungry too."  He grinned and at that moment, granted Mrs. Pearson had been right there at the servent entrance to the dining room watching and waiting till they got settled down at the table, two of the maids came in.  Each of them in proper black dresses with white accent collars, headpiece, and cuffs, and a white full apron carrying the first course to place at the right side of each person sitting at the table.

Lorn looked down looking at the olives and bread with dipping oil and a bit of salami sliced thinly.   "I told Miss Cora something nice, I think she decided to do a formal dinner with various courses.  Back home not something we did, but when I moved to London, it was quite common.  I suppose you grew up knowing not to eat too much with each course."  He grinned and popped an olive in his mouth.  "The first time I had one like that, I was too stuff to eat anymore about halfway through."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proper Courting? Does a Texan know how? - by Lorn Vaughn - 05-21-2021, 04:57 PM