Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Desperate Times, Desperate Measures [Market, Shops and Spas]

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

She was silent for a moment as if she didn't hear what he said. He'd give her a chance. Firstly, however, she said, "Thank you," her voice heavy sounding as if trying to sound out around a lump in her throat. There was no joy in her eyes for the fact that he'd said he'd give her a chance, but she was grateful nevertheless. "I have no choice if I wish to eat and sleep with a roof over my head. I can read and write, do sums and even take charge of a household. Cleaning doesn't seem that hard, I... am sure I can learn to cook in time if I had books with recipes."

Pippa took the tea and sipped of it, grateful for the warmth that seeped into her and the temporary relief it brought to her empty stomach. He might notice that her fingers shook a little and even recognize that it was from her hunger, but she made no attempt to beg for food. She had to set the cup down because she sloshed a little tea onto her hand. She bit her lip and closed her eyes for a moment, taking in deep breaths as if that would ease the little bit of pain that came with a scalding. "I'm sorry," she said and drew her hands away from the cup, folding them firmly in her lap.

"Nevertheless," she continued, "I will do what needs to be done." That was including, but not limited to, cleaning up poop! But that needn't be said aloud.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Desperate Times, Desperate Measures - by Philippa Danes - 12-30-2020, 04:32 AM