Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] By Gins, By Snares, By Subtlety [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Still so unsure of himself. Malachi caught that uncertain gaze when it lifted enough to reveal itself, and gave a reassuring smile in exchange. It was still small, as most of his smiles tended to be, but less so from hesitance and more from the weight of emotion this lovelorn constable had thrust upon him. Shaky, even, as if Crane's struggle had moved even him near to tears.

None collected at the corners of his eyes nor spilled over the pale curve of his face, but he could feel them threaten all the same.

"Yes," confirmed Malachi. "That is exactly right. Whoever they are... they will love the things you view as flaws in yourself. And you will love theirs."

That much was already evident, considering Crane's unhealthy admiration for Father Richards' sense of self-discipline and denial. That was something Malachi surely found fault in, yet the constable revered him for it.

Crane's free hand came to cover his own, and Malachi prepared to move away, expecting his touch to be pushed off. When it wasn't, he raised a brow instinctively. Encased in both of Crane's, his hand was lifted to the other's forehead instead, and after a moment's surprise, Malachi smiled again.

"I am not just being kind, Elijah. I'm telling you the truth."

As nice was it was to hear that somebody wanted him to stay in Whitby, he could not claim kindness as his motivating factor, at least not solely. Curiosity played a big part in it too, but most of all, he just wanted to see the issue resolved. Malachi lifted his free hand to give Crane's knee a gentle pat.

"My apologies for disturbing dinner," he said with a small laugh, quiet and light-hearted.

"I just want you to know that you are far from alone. I have faith in you."

Messages In This Thread
RE: By Gins, By Snares, By Subtlety - by Malachi Brennan - 03-19-2022, 08:55 PM