Hello, guest!
or Register?

Bigomy Brides

316 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

Quote:To Whom It May Concern,

As somebody who was born in Whitby, I have found myself under scrutiny of the ones who would look down their noses at others without understanding circumstances... Therefore, I have taken the liberty of keeping myself anonymous as I pen this open letter to the women of Whitby and beyond. I have a document in my possession that not only clears my name but those of several unfortunate young ladies like myself of doing misdeeds.

Angus McLeod, a man many of you might know to frequent the various public houses and brothels of the kingdom, has been caught. This document explains that this man of low moral character duped several women into thinking he was legal to marry them, went through several weddings, be it by elopement or otherwise, and fathered at least eight girls and a boy to my knowledge.

The man wants nothing to do with any of the poor children he sired out of wedlock so shamefully. I urge you to keep your daughters out of his reach should he ever show his face in this town again.

Master McLeod is a manipulator, a knave, and a feind, and as long as he is free to roam about, there will be a chain of ruined young ladies left in his wake.

As for the other young ladies and myself, I urge you to look passed their unwitting mistake to marry a man whom they thought had captured their hearts. Please be merciful to those poor women and the children that now suffer as a result of his deeds. I urge you to be kind to the young mothers as they were duped into something... All except for the first wife... I know each name, I know each face, and I know all of the children's names as a result of the hard work of a hired investigator. And I urge you to line up at his father's door to demand compensation or reparation of the damages done by Master McLeod.

And with that, I wish you all well and good luck... As to you, Mr. McLeod, should you see this... You will never be able to show your face in this town again.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Citizen, former "wife," and mother to one of his children born out of true wedlock.

Posted in the Whitby Gazzette