By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] Turning a Page [Market, Shops and Spas] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] Turning a Page [Market, Shops and Spas] (/showthread.php?tid=668)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Turning a Page - Ellie Russell - 03-17-2022

Ellie nodded. Christine was right, Ellie's family was a task for the future. First a fun task of picking dresses. Ellie's eyes were wide. This whole shop was magic filled with bolts of bright, rich fabric everywhere. Accessories in cases... stylish clothes hung on wire frames that doubled for a woman's body.

"Uh.. I don't know. It's all beautiful." Ellie answered softly feeling the fabric with her fingers. Ellie only had a few frocks to her name, the one or two black ones from work that Christine loathed, a secondhand summer frock for the warm weather, and her 'Sunday Best'

RE: Turning a Page - Christine Pennyfeather - 03-17-2022

Christine looked the outfits over and seemed in thought. "I think something light since it is summer. We can get winter clothes later, since we need to be certain you don't grow too much in that time. You should be mostly though." She spoke to the woman who owned the shop and then walked over and noticed a lovely lilac colored dress that would have easy movement. "Hm, what do you think of this? Or perhaps in another color? Look around and see if you see things you like." She was checking with the woman about the materials to check for the work outfit as nicer attire was clearly much easier to find in such a place. "We will get them sized for you and pick them up later when she's tailored them."

Ellie moved slowly through the shop, careful of her step. She would hate to snag a dress she did not own. Some of these pieces looked expensive. The mention of the lilac dress, a soft dusky purple, drew her eye. "Oh. It looks amazing!"

Christine laughed in delight. "I agree! It looks very cute. We can get something matching for your hair if you like. We can get other dresses maybe in similar light colors." She gestured to the woman about it and found a soft, light blue dress that wasn't as flowy. It had long sleeves but they were just loose enough they could be rolled up. "I think we will get a couple of these in different colors for your work outfit. It'll look simple but you don't want to wear anything too nice when cleaning. What other colors would you like?" She asked her as she was already moving on to look at other things. She found some shawls in a corner and eyed a nice wool one that was an unassuming dark brown that reminded Christine of her own hair color.

"Well, I like blue, pink, and green obviously." White was nice too. Easy to clean, but it reminded her too much of a wedding gown or other garment that highlighted her innocence.

Christine nodded in thought and smiled. "Alright, I will get one of each of those. " She picked up the shawl and brought it to her. "What do you think of this for a spare ?" She asked hoping that Ellie would approve of it.

"Oh my. It's soft. I like it." Ellie said feeling the fabric.

Christine nodded. "And it is wool, so it is good for foul weather. I also like the color, brown isn't appreciated nearly enough." She stated with a smile. "If you like it, we can get it. After this place, we will get shoes. By the way, do you go to church?" She asked as she started looking at a couple of fancier high collared dresses.

Brown was a nice natural colour, a connection to the Earth. "I'd like to, Miss." Ellie answered. Shoes would be nice, yet work tended to be hard on her feet and a stout pair of boots was essential. "A proper pair of boots is always good." Ellie answered. She considered Christine's question of her faith "Yes. Miss, my family goes to chapel on Sundays." Some employers wanted their staff to accompany them to religious services at a particular sacred venue. "Is that something you do too, Miss?"

The woman nodded to the girl, "Then we will go to find some good boots that will work on your feet. Find ones that do the job because they need to fit comfortably." She said though she considered a nicer pair for other times. She looked at a dark burnt yellow color that was different, perhaps a red over coat would bring it out but that was for cold weather. "Oh heavens no, my father didn't believe in God and I've not yet been convinced which religion is right if any of them. But I thought we should pick you out a new dress for church as well, if you'd like."