By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Wifey [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Wifey [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=571)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Wifey [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Bruce Carmichael - 01-10-2022

He sifted through the mail from the box, grimacing at how many letters and missives he had seen since putting in his ad. One of them had been most amusing, a letter from a "teacher" written by a child, quite obviously, about things children should not be aware of yet. Needless to say, he was keeping that particular letter for a laugh and to show his friends later.

Bruce sighed as he opened the last one and read the brief missive. Yikes, Longbottom. He was noping out of that one.

He sat back in his chair and put his feet up, crossing them at the ankle. Molly had grown so distant and he had figured she was not interested in his pursuit of marriage with her, and he wasn't getting any younger. The man picked up a cigar and lit it off the nearby candle, not really to smoke it but to smell it..

RE: Wifey - Molly Valentine - 01-10-2022

Speak of the devil herself, a voice called out as he heard the door close. "I've come for a visit."

In no time, she'd walked up to the back of his chair and Molly slipped her arms around him and slid her hand down his chest. She had been busy with some things, but she still loved the feel of his body under her fingertips. Her other hand pulled back to show she had something in hand. It was the paper, folded to his ad.

"I read something interesting today.." She mused in his ear. "I wonder who it could be that is looking for a bride. Do you have any idea?" She said with a slight hint of teasing. How could he think of just leaving like that to get married? She demanded his loyalty more than any other.

RE: Wifey - Bruce Carmichael - 01-10-2022

He smelled her familiar scent as she wrapped her arms around him. He put the cigar in the ashtray and gently pried her arms from around him, his mood shifting between that of arousal and uncertainty. He hauled her into his lap if she didn't stop him, then buried his face against her neck and placed a feather like kiss along her neck because he couldn't help himself. He was a man starved for her. "The only one I really wish ta marry is in me lap right now, but ye keep ignorin' me suit." Then he gently pulled his face away so he could look at her.

There was a small laugh as she had been moved to his lap and allowed his kisses upon her pale skin. She looked at him and ran her fingers down his cheek and put on a little teasing frown. "It's because, I am widowed. I couldn't just let people see me in your arms. They'd get curious and nosy and we simply can not have that. But it has been a little bit. If you can give me two months and we start tossing out tips that we are courting, I will agree to your proposal. Is that enough?" She wasn't completely certain it she'd marry him. He was very useful and she hadn't seen a more handsome man. Perhaps she could marry beneath her status for someone that kept her life thrilling.

RE: Wifey - Bruce Carmichael - 01-10-2022

She was like a fine glass of wine to him, paired with the ripest berries that were her lips. His eyes half closed when she finally uttered the words he'd been longing to hear. His arms tightened around her and he looked into her eyes, "I've ne'er loved a woman like ye affore. I'd do everything in me power ta make ye happy." He nuzzled his lower face against her ear and breathed into it, "Say it, Molly. Tell me again ye'll marry me."

His words were cracking, which meant he was genuinely emotional about this change in event. "Ye're the only one I want and ye know it."

Molly sighed heavily as she nuzzled into his jawline just under his ear and kissed his flesh. Her fingers rest on his shoulders. "I'll marry you, Bruce. You're the finest man I met.. you're only imperfection is not being filthy rich. But I am willing to dismiss that." She grinned and kissed him again. When he got all emotional like this, it was very cute and she found herself unable to deny him at this moment.

RE: Wifey - Bruce Carmichael - 01-14-2022

"I ain't poor either, love," he growled just a little, wishing she wouldn't bring up his lack of wealth. "Besides," he continued, "I feel like the richest man in the world now that ye've finally agreed ta marry me." He rubbed his nose along the ridge of her ear and sighed a warm plume of breath against her delicate flesh.

RE: Wifey - Molly Valentine - 01-17-2022

Molly giggled at the way he breathed against her ear. "Oh Bruce.. if you were poor I'd never marry you. It was nothing against you, I do enjoy you in so many ways. I just required a certain level for outward appearances. My first husband filled that gap, but you.. " She winked and touched his cheek. "You do well just as you are though, if I could get away with marrying you the moment we met, I would have loved to." It was another lie, but she wanted to keep him happy. She couldn't afford to lose him.

RE: Wifey - Bruce Carmichael - 01-18-2022

He had a small little niggling of doubt in her words... Had she agreed to marry him just to appease him? He didn't know but he didn't care... She would be his wife soon enough if all went well. He loved her even if she did not love him and that was enough for him. "Let's not talk about the money anymore, let's talk about this..." And he pulled out the pouch he had been keeping the ring in, and then pulled it out. It wasn't a cheap ring, and nor was it gawdy. It was just right and he was holding it up, "I think I got the size right... I've been savin' this since I first asked ye to marry me. I tied a string around yer finger whilst ye slept one night ta get the size right. I hope ye like it."

RE: Wifey - Molly Valentine - 01-18-2022

Molly smiled and moved her fingers through his hair before he mentioned the ring. She became more than curious and stretched out her fingers to present to him so that he could place it on. She eyed it, and it was a little thing but it wasn't so bad she'd be embarrassed. It was humble. It fit, and his explanation had her looking at him. He was indeed sneaky and not worth getting on his bad side. She did so prefer him happy. Her arms wrapped around him and she kissed him. "Such a sneaky man you are. But I always knew that."