By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Business to settle [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Business to settle [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=294)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Business to settle - Elijah Crane - 06-06-2020

The words did hit him hard and he looked down. "That is true. It feels like I'm not making a dent doesn't it?" He tried to hide his frown and it hurt to think he was disappointing the entire town.

RE: Business to settle - Gabriel Richards - 06-06-2020

Gabriel wanted to beat himself up. He stopped and put a hand on Elijah's shoulder. "No. No that's not what I meant to say."

Elijah smiled sadly. "It's alright, I know things aren't great. I can only do my best and hope I inspire others to do the same..." Even if most of the town thought he was a joke.

"I feel the same way," Gabriel said, hand still on Elijah's shoulder. "We both have more work than we can do, more people who need our help than we can help. But we can only do our best."

Like when you forgot there was an injured person in your house, because you were too busy eyeing constable ass.

He smiled huge at Gabriel's words and found his hand on his. "Thank you. You are so understanding. Whitby is lucky to have you. " He couldn't help but briefly wonder how different things would be if only the man hadn't been a priest and straight. That thought filled him with guilt enough that he blinked and jerked back a little to walk on. "Ah, I am sorry. We have a man to see."

Gabriel felt a mixture of pain and guilt when Elijah pulled away. He had done it again. He had been too close and giving the wrong signals and desiring the wrong things again. "Right..." He said quietly, and he walked beside Elijah, but with a little more distance.

They reached the house and let Elijah in. "Over here." And he led him to the drawing room where Anthony was sleeping.

RE: Business to settle - Anthony Rowe - 06-06-2020

Anthony was still asleep — he hadn't noticed that Gabriel had even left in the first place, and he certainly didn't notice that he had returned, now. It was probably for the best, that he didn't know.  Anthony stirred a little when they entered the drawing room, but he didn'rt wake up.

Seeing it was Anthony left him feeling like God was staring down and showing him what his wandering thoughts had brought. As if his appreciation for the priest harmed the man he cared for. He frowned and moved quickly to his side.

"Anthony?!" He couldn't be completely surprised if the man was injured, he seemed determined to make enemies. "It's me, Elijah. Can you hear me?" He tried to take his hand and wake him even though he knew he shouldn't in front of others, Gabriel knew about him. Hopefully he wouldn't kick him out after realizing.

"Do you know him?" Gabriel asked, rather surprised at the reaction. But just then, Elijah took Anthony's hand, and Gabriel felt his stomach drop. He shouldn't know this. He shouldn't know. He should try to forget anything he heard in confession. It wasn't his business anyway. He tried to tell himself all of that. But all he could think was: That twit?! What was so special about him anyway? There was nothing likable about that man! He turned on his heel and marched out of the room, feeling sick. Why did Elijah love that man? Why did he hold his hand like that?

RE: Business to settle - Anthony Rowe - 06-06-2020

Anthony frowned as he was woken up. He didn't yet understand what exactly was going on and who these people were, yet, hence his lackluster reaction. He nodded at the question and reluctantly opened his eyes, blinking rapidly as he tried to get used to the light. 

It took him a little bit for him to comprehend what was going on, and when he finally did, he almost wished that he hadn't. Anthony was confused. He watched Gabriel leave, and though he wasn't the most lucid person right now, he could tell that the man wasn't happy about something. What? What the hell was going on.