By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=127)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Aslan Koç - 10-03-2019

[Continued from The Founders Ball]

Mr. Meijer. Not Mr. Meijer. Horrible situation he had gotten into, and barely out alive. He was starting to wonder if the fates had it out for him.

He squeezed his hand, enthusiastic and perhaps a touch anxious, though his smile was friendly.

“It was a terrible situation, and I’m glad it was kept from growing worse.”

‘No, just the woman that would kill one,’ he managed not to say and smiled wide instead as she introduced herself.

“A Mr. Menachem Meijer,” he introduced, patting him on the shoulder. “A man who makes up for his terrible luck with a fantastic sense of humor.”

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Menachem Meijer - 10-03-2019

"You flatter me, Mr. Koç. I owe you my life and my freedom. You are such a humble man. I never thought in a million years I'd find you here. I was sure you'd be in some big city making a name for yourself!"

The man grinned at him then looked towards his sister. "Ah, nice to meet you, my lady. I hope he isn't being too over protective, though I can see why." He chuckled though he could sense there was something about the woman. It was too hard to tell though.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Nisa Koç - 10-03-2019

"Of course. My brother does deserve better. He is a very humble man." She wouldn't guess why her brother makes the decisions he does, but she felt confident he did it for the both of him. He protected her and kept her sane in a crazy world. She kept mostly quiet though as the man seemed like the type that liked to talk. So bold and so tacky.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Aslan Koç - 10-10-2019

His gaze hardened, and he doubled down on an overly pleasant smile. He had a name: a name with a sully not two paces from him.

“I was just showing Nisa around town,” he said, eager to change the subject. “Are you staying in Whitby long?”

He wanted so badly to catch up with Mr. Meijer, to see if he’d been able to have the second chance he deserved – but not here. Not in front of his sister, Allah knowing what she intended whether she seemed to like him or not.

She was quiet, and that worried him.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Menachem Meijer - 10-13-2019

Menachem laughed and nodded towards Nisa. "He is a humble man, I believe it. He is so brilliant, the world should have more of him. "

He patted Aslan's shoulder. "Oh yes! I believe I'll be here a few months at least. Would be nice to meet up and talk more. Always nice to know you have someone you can trust in town, am I right ?" He noticed the sister staring at him and leaned forward to whisper, "I think I'm not her type..." he joked while wondering why she disliked him so.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Aslan Koç - 10-17-2019

“Definitely!” he agreed enthusiastically. “Some time, some time soon.”

He said that a lot, though it only really came to fruition in criminal investigation.

He was careful not to follow Mr. Meijer’s gaze, though his smile was genuinely sympathetic.

“She’s … meant for a finer life than you or I,” he murmured with a shrug. “I’ll see you around,” he then said at a volume Nisa could hear, lest she had already started plotting Mr. Meijer’s death in the brief conversation.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Menachem Meijer - 10-20-2019

Menachem took his arm before he could go. "Sounds fantastic. How about Wednesday?" He wouldn't let him walk off so easily without an actual plan.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Aslan Koç - 11-19-2019

Mid-turn, the much smaller man all but sprang back at the grasp with a brief, uncomfortable glance to his sister.

“Sunday, yes.”

Wait, did he say Sunday or Wednesday? No matter, as long as he lived.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Menachem Meijer - 01-07-2020

The man pulled back from his touch which made him blink and laugh it off. "Come now. I'm not going to bite. And it was Wednesday. Wednesday. You can do that right?" He let him go but he didn't let the man walk away. He barely noticed he look towards his sibling and wondered if the man was protective and worried some scoundrel would speak to her. The girl just stood there sweetly watching them. He didn't notice anything though she did seem to stare a bit intently it made him feel strangely cautious. It had to be just his imagination.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Aslan Koç - 01-08-2020

This was going to happen. This was going to happen, and he had to keep him safe. What would make this venture unappealing to Nisa? Somewhere … gross. Unclean. That her beautiful pale dresses could not traverse unmarked through.

“Wednesday, sorry,” he laughed, sticking his hands in his pockets. “At that hole-in-the-wall tavern by the river. Lot of character there.”

And crime. Hopefully no one recognized him there.