Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

Give Me Your Worries, I Will Add Them To My Own
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

The hug was probably inappropriate now that she was another man's wife, but Rose returned it gratefully, holding on a little too long perhaps. The comfort of another person who saw her and was there for her was just what she needed, what she had needed all this time while her husband gave her the cold shoulder. She was aware of his scent and how it stirred up warm feelings. Elijah was safety. He had always been. But as she relished in his warmth and scent, she was acutely aware all the people in her life, Elijah had probably been the most constant, the most reliable. Elijah had been there for her family even in spite of themselves. Fresh tears burned in her eyes as he pulled away and the realization took hold. Her world had been shifting in these past few months and she was beginning to understand things she could not quite put into words yet. She gave Elijah a teary smile. God bless him.

But how afraid she was to lose it all. She turned her eyes down and tried to dry them again. "What if you find out it's my fault? I don't think I could survive disappointing you, Elijah," she whispered.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give Me Your Worries, I Will Add Them To My Own - by Rose Willaby - 10-25-2023, 06:44 AM