Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A fishy business
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon said nothing. He was thankful for Elijah trying to help, and he hoped his father would buy it for now. Anything he could say would probably make it worse.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Benjamin looked at Simon, who was suspiciously looking away. The wealthier area, really? If you asked him, Simon was headed straight for prison or worse. And with the young man only causing trouble these days, he began to believe nothing he could do could save him anymore. What had he done to deserve this? He lowered his voice, so the people further away couldn't hear. "A walk really?... Empty your pockets."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah blinked looking surprised at the strange request. "Ben.. what are you up to? What could he possibly have in his pockets?"
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Money. Money that he absolutely did not want his father to find. He usually transferred it to his sock before he got home, so that when his father told him to turn out his pockets, there was nothing to show. But in all the stress of the events of last night and this morning, he had forgotten. He stepped back a little, out of his father's reach, but did not do as the man said, hoping Elijah's words would somehow change his father's mind.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Simon looked guilty as child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. But it was far from cute or funny. "We're about to find out. Empty your pockets."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned more and held out his hands. "He is an adult, you can't just make him empty his pockets like a small child, Ben. Even if he doesn't always act like it. Tell me what you expect to find and why?"
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Good point! Good point! "Yes! You can't make me do owt!" Simon piped up. "I'm an adult!"

Definitely.

Some of the men on the dock frowned and shook their heads. Other moved a little away.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

[Content warning: violence]

Ben stepped forward and knocked Simon in the face.

Some of the fishermen shook their heads as the young man fell down, and continued their work.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah gasped and helped Simon up, checking his injuries and stared at Ben wide eyed. "WHy on earth would you do that?!" He stood between them and looked at Ben. "I think of you like a father, Ben. So I do not want to do this, but you can not just strike him because you are angry! You can not answer my question. You have nothing to say then. You can not just hit someone by assumption! This is.. cruelty!"
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

It wasn't unexpected. He could have taken his father on and won, probably. But he never fought back. Elijah involving himself was making it worse now, though. "Elijah..." he begged. He wiped his bust lip and looked up at his father. Then he reached into his pocket and tossed the money at the man's feet.