Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[CW] And Not to Heed the Wounds

164 Posts
3 Threads

Height: 5'11"
Alias: Sam, Sammy

Sam stroked his chin in thought for a moment. he had never stopped to consider how people might be feeling when they are dying. It wasn't something he usually had time for in the moment, and forgot about after. Gabriel's words had made him think as well, had Sam ever seen anyone die in any way other than being killed? "Well i would imagine the words "Ouch, i've been shot" were in there somewheres."

Sam sat forward with a sigh, this wasn't the way this should be done. the sigh was shaky, almost a rattle. He was trying to deflect giving an answer by presenting a cold front. But Cerise had cracked that ice and he needed to face it before he drowned in the flood that was about to break free. So his tone became more serious. He could hear the cries of his victims, and it was getting harder to block them out.

"Were it me. i reckon it would be anger, just pure hatred for the man who'd just put a bullet in me...and fear i'd never see those close to me again. I suppose it'd be different for each person though. some anger, some fear, some sadness and so on. maybe a mix i'd never understand til its me lookin down the barrel." He paused again after that, it was pretty clear Sam had never been one to face what he was feeling, but that was how life went. A man buried in his feelings would be buried in the ground a lot faster in his line of...work. when he spoke again it was an attempt to convey, for once in his life with no sarcasm a sense of fear and regret he had never had before.

"I gotta tell you holy man, i'm pretty sure shes carryin our child. I um...I wanna do right by her, marry an all that. But..." there was a lot of hesitation as he tried to put words to his thoughts. "I don't want her or the baby stained by the blood on my hands, and damned sure i don't want that child to become the monster I am."

Messages In This Thread
And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Gabriel Richards - 07-30-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-30-2023, 01:33 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-30-2023, 03:13 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-30-2023, 03:56 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-30-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-31-2023, 06:14 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-31-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 08-02-2023, 02:47 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 08-05-2023, 04:29 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 08-06-2023, 08:21 AM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 08-06-2023, 06:46 PM