Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[CW] Fork in the Road

80 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'3"

"Pony," she started softly, and could not help but to lift her hand and touch his cheek, cupping it in her palm. He was so hard on himself that she wanted very much to take that away from him so he could ease into a new life. She continued with, "Part of loving someone is being there for them. If you had a roof over your head, you could get back on your feet much easier and I want to do that for you. We don't have to hurry, perhaps, but you could have a soft place to land in the meantime. Even grandmother is fine with you staying. She adores you. I feel safer with you around... the landlord makes me feel wrong in many ways and he leaves me alone when you're here."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony sighed and shut his eyes, resting his forehead against hers. "I want to figure things out. And I would like to be with you but I don't want to weigh you down. Give me time to do that..and I'll stay in my cart at your yard..if that's OK. And I promise not to leave town or disappear on you." He frowned sharply. "I promise not to let that landlord near you if you want. I can't swear I'll be fully nice though if he tries anything."

80 Posts
3 Threads

"You wouldn't weigh me down, but it's alright if you continue to stay in the cart if that is what makes you more comfortable." She was glad for the ice finally breaking enough between them that she could finally touch him without worry of him running off. Ginnie pulled back and gazed into his eyes, her dark ones searching his. "You and I will do this together. In fact, I think it's time for me to search elsewhere for a better job, myself. The madame is pressuring me to become one of the workers upstairs. I just... I don't want to. I don't want to work on my back and I don't want to be considered fair game to those who like to grab." She frowned, "What if I do what we talked about before? You said you liked my cooking. I could do that."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony seemed deep in thought and rubbed the back of his neck. He looked back into her eyes as he listened to her. He nodded lightly. "I think that would work. I thought they were better here, not forcing girls to do that sort of thing. The patrons are bad enough while you're serving them their liquor." He finally smiled just a little. "I did love your cooking. You could be great at selling that. And I have been more than happy enough to use my cart to help take it into town to sell your stuff."

80 Posts
3 Threads

She gave him the loveliest smile, her teeth flashing. She moved to hug him, sort of launching herself at him and wrapping her arms around him. She did not kiss him, though she wanted to. He made her feel really nice about her talent, and it was a shame they were getting wasted by working in a den of nasty. Her eyes danced as she looked pulled back to look at him, her smile was light as she gazed at him. "It's a deal." And then she offered to seal it with a good handshake.
OOC

25 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She Her

(bah can't delete)
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

The man chuckled lightly as he hugged her. It was weird to say how he enjoyed hugging her. It wasn't anything of a romantic nature that he felt, just a chance at closeness and warmth. It made him feel connected and he was grateful. "Ah yes." he said as she pulled back. He flashed her a huge smile and took her hand, shaking it. "Deal."

80 Posts
3 Threads

She would give a winning smile, genuinely excited for the opportunity. "Come on then, let me get you fed. We've missed having you around. My grandmother likes you very much, you know?" And then her excitement caused her to skip a few times toward the exit of the building. She paused and turned, "Are you coming? There will be a most amazing stew waiting for you that she cooked. She has been hoping to see you." She chuckled.