Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Free Child to Good Home [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabe bit his lip and was glad for the distraction when Therese opened the door. He was glad his sister lived in this town. There was at least one person he could go to and he could just be a human person, rather than 'the priest'. "Morning, Therese. This is... Mr. Crane. He erm... found a baby."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nodded to her, still having to use both hands to cradle the baby. He didn't know well enough how to hold him and shake with his free hand. "Yes.. M-miss... er.. M-ma'am? He was left on my doorstep. He is so little, I do not want him to grow up in a cold orphanage if at all possible. But I am just a single man, I can not care for him myself."
Therese Richards
At her brothers words Therese's attention was pulled towards the man and then to the child in his arms. The poor thing. Without a moments hesitation she moved forward to take the babe. "Miss Richards if you must be formal" she replied with a gentle smile, offering her arms for the child.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded, giving her a strained but grateful smile. He couldn't help but glance towards the priest when she mentioned her name, he didn't even know why.

"Oh yes, yes!" He carefully held the baby out for her to take. "Thank you Miss Richards.. There are no words.. for my gratitude.. Y-you will be able to help him.. won't you?" He said , his voice going quiet with concern. He really feared the poor child would end up in an orphanage.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel caught Elijah's glance and automatically smiled widely at him. Then he caught himself, and stopped. He blushed lightly and mentally beat himself up for giving the poor man mixed signals once again. He turned his attention back to Therese. "Thank you, Therese."
Therese Richards
Therese watched their exchange with a silent eye as she moved to reposition the babe into her arms to support its head. “I will do my best, I always do” she reassured him and moved to allow them in the house. “Brother why don’t you get the kettle going while I clean this little one up.”
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked uncertain but entered anyway. "I can not thank you enough. Please, I.. I am sorry to take up your time and ask so much. Is there any way I can help or do something? I don't know what is needed or if I can provide the help. But.. I feel awful putting this small child into your care and ask so much for nothing in return..' He was clearly nervous and it was strange he didn't stutter but he managed to get it all out.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel followed Elijah in and watched him, admired him. He was so kind and caring. So selfless and good.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked to Gabriel noticing his eyes upon him. He felt a bit flushed and smiled but looked down to hide it. He hoped to God that the child was able to find someone to care for him. There were so many children who needed so much, but this child hadn't even had a chance before it was discarded so. He rubbed his hands nervously before glancing back again towards the priest.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

The second time Elijah glanced at him, Gabriel quickly turned his eyes down, because he realized he had been staring. Here he was doing all the things he had intended not to do.

Later, when they stood outside, he looked at the constable awkwardly. "That was kind of you, to worry so much about the well-being of that child." His voice was quiet, and slightly higher than usual. "Most people care little about the weakest..."