Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Try to Impress! [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"Your father sounds like it, a cruel and unfeeling man." She shook her head and then when he continued about the marriage, she was starting to feel slightly grumpy about the whole matter. It wasn't as if she had designs on Pony... perhaps flirting for a time before he had to go.... but for some strange reason she could not point out within her mind, the thought that he didn't even consider that he could be that man bothered her. Instead of sounding grumpy though, she said, "Right now, it is of no consequence. I am not yet twenty, I still have time to choose, no?"
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony agreed whole heartedly with everything she said. "He was the worst. I hope to never see the man the rest of my life."

He noticed her mood change and rose a brow but nodded. "Yeah. You're so young, plenty of time! But.. is anything the matter?" He had been trying to cheer her up but she seemed almost mad at him.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"No, I am fine," she said and looked away, "All this talk of marriage, though..." She took another drink of cider and then moved things aside so she could lay back on the quilt to look up at the sky. She took a handful of grapes and began to nibble them off the vine. Between grapes, she said, "I think I might be spoiled for dinner." Her stomach was mostly full, but the food was so good that she would probably pick at it here and there before the end of the picnic. She would have to share the chicken with papa, he'd be surprised and proud that she actually did the work.

"I talked to the priest in town not long ago about all of this and he thinks I should become a nurse. I haven't talked to papa about it yet because I am not sure if that is what I want. I know only a little about herbs and such. He suggested too that I should read to children... I think I might like that better. I do own quite the library of books."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Sorry, I won't mention it again. "Pony smiled weakly and drank his cider just looking around the area, it was a nice looking place. He glanced over when she mentioned being a nurse and smiled.

"Ah, my sister was one. Don't know how much she enjoyed it when she actually started to do it, that's sort of around the time I left town. Just do what you wish, don't let others tell you what you should do. I think reading to kids is a fine job."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"You didn't do anything wrong," she murmured. "And I might like reading to the children. Perhaps I should start with you since you are child like in ways," she was teasing him. She sat up and took out the pie she made, a cherry pie with clotted cream to go with it. She cut a small enough piece to be able to handle and offered to feed it to him. If he didn't take the bite, she would set it on his plate and say, "Help yourself to more if you want." And then she would take the same sized sliver and take a bite. It was the best thing she had made and her eyes rolled up at the heavenly flavor. She sighed, "I think I like cooking."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Oh yes! Miss, please read me a story!" He grinned playfully then eyed the pie. He was more than happy to take the offered bite and gave a pleasant moan. "Oh it is delicious. You are quite a natural cook." He was quite ready to cut himself a little piece unless she was going to offer him another bite.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She spooned out another piece for him and giggled, "I wouldn't have done it if you hadn't said you expected me to cook." She took another bite for herself, this time with clotted cream. She pretended to offer him a bite with clotted cream but ate it last second. Then she took some of the cream and plopped some on his nose playfully.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Well I thought girls liked to cook at least a little. Had you told me otherwise, I wouldn't have held it against you." He had leaned forward for the bite the n looked startled when she took it away. He laughed and grinned as she out cream on his nose. He wiped it off with a finger and returned it right upon her fair cheek.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She dissolved into laughter... honest to goodness, belly laughter. The sound was rich and warm, not some warble or bird call that upper crust ladies were sometimes wont to do. She wiped the cream off of her face with her thumb, missing some by her lip of course, and stuck the thumb into her mouth like a kid. Then she moved to pack up the food just to get it out of the way, though left the basket open in case he wanted more, and she lay back on the quilt, "I'm having so much fun," she said seriously.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony grinned more as she laughed. He was glad to see her doing so well. When she wiped the bit of cream off of her face and started to pack, he kept staring at her. When she laid back, he moved to lean over her. "Do you trust me at all?" He tilted his head and leaned in closer. "Don't worry, I promise not to bite." He chuckled and before she could resist, he licked up the bit of cream and moved back quickly. "Still delicious." He laughed playfully and held up his hands innocent. "Sorry, I could not resist. Hope I didn't overstep."