Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Try to Impress! [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"But you also like this food," she pointed out, brows lifted as if she was haughty about it. She wasn't, but he made her feel lovely and good. And then her cheeks reddened and she said something she wasn't sure she should say, but it popped out anyways... "And if you like simplicity so much, why haven't you simply kissed me yet?" And instead of looking ashamed of herself, she was going to own up to it.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

"That I do. It is wonderful food." Pony grinned at her attitude, it was charming and fun. Her comment on a kiss though had him pause before taking another bite, he rose his brow and chuckled. He leaned in close to her face. "Simplicity can also mean taking time. After what you had been through.. I would never wish to rush and keep things.. simple. But I shall take that as permission." He grinned and then gave her a quick sweet peck on the cheek. "You are a lovely and fun lady. I truly don't know why you aren't married or the very least engaged."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Maybe because I wouldn't marry just anybody," she countered softly, "I don't want to make a mistake like my older sister and try to marry a man who is just going to run. And... As far as what I went through... it wasn't your fault, but mine. I don't think you would ever hold me against my will, would you?" Her hand moved to curl around his. There was genuine affection in her gaze.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony smiled softly. "But there must have been at least a few kind good men you met that you liked a little." He shook his head. "Never think it was your fault, it was the one who did it. I don't want you to ever blame yourself for that." He gentle patted her arm after it held his and smiled at her. He actually started to feel bad he was using her. "Never. I would not be able to live with myself." Use her for her money, yes. But never hold her against her will. He wasn't that sort of man.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"It was, though... I should never have gone to the beach alone. If I had just stayed at home, it would never have happened." She was done eating for the moment, and moved to offer him a cup for cider. "And I never paid attention to men very much. I don't... think I am going to marry now." She said this gravely.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"It still doesn't make it your fault. People sometimes find themselves in a bad situation, it happens to everyone at least once in their life. Usually.. nothing happens. More often than not, I'd guess. But there as a bad person there. It wasn't because you made a mistake, it was because they were truly bad. So don't go blaming yourself. Please?" He said softly and looked at her before he took the cider and sipped it. "Don't give up. If you give up that means you aren't looking or trying, and the perfect man may come along. Someone who could bring you happiness again and make you feel loved. You just need to consider and be open to it. Not to say you must settle for the first half decent man. You deserve to be picky and only get the best." He flashed her a smile hoping to reassure her.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I am not looking for a perfect man, that is the thing." She took a sip of her own cider, and then sat back to look up. "I am just hoping to find one who accepts me as I am. My mother wants me to marry for money but money doesn't matter to me. Everything comes too easily to those with money. My papa works for all he has and he says it is hard earned, a man should know what hard work is. He doesn't think it stupid of me to want to marry someone who isn't necessarily rich, my momma does though. I suppose I have let that keep me from choosing."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony shrugged and smiled weakly. "Sounds like you know what you are looking for. It's not about money or hard work. Just an honest man who loves and accepts you for who you are. I think there is nothing wrong with that."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Yes..." she said softly. "But it's hard to say if it would ever happen. I know that most men of my father's wealth marry for power or position, not love matches. My father just wants my brothers, sisters and I to be happy." She smiled then and said, "But... I am content to spend time with you for now. I told you that I am growing fond of you. No need to talk about marriage, right?"
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded. "That's kind of your dad. I think mine would have forced my sister into marrying some rich oaf that would be cruel to her. He was a very selfish man."

He took another bite of chicken and shrugged. "Yeah, and I'm fond of you too. But you mentioned not thinking you'd be married cause of what happened. Of you decide not to that's fair. But I never wanted you to feel you couldn't get married because of what happened. Give you hope you'll heal and be able to find someone and to let you know you're still a lovely woman and any decent man would love you."