Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Need That Healing Touch [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah looked at him for a moment and then down, glad he was too pale and flushed to  notice any blushing. "Yes but.. there is a limit. When I was a boy, the other kids teased me after the bandages came off, or they were scared. I already had ...difficulty fitting in perfectly and so my only friends were those who cared for me after losing my parents."

He nibbled the bread a moment and continued, avoiding his eyes. "By the time I was twelve I realized I would never heal and no one ever liked to see my hands. So I wore gloves and always felt ..since then.. rhis.. monstrosity about myself. And this shame I guess... that those who knew simply tolerated it for me and it would always be a hidden barrier. Am I wrong?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel looked at him quietly. He could see the scars on his hands and in his neck. "Shame? For scars? It's not the outside that matters...." Then carefully he asked: "Fire?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned slightly. "I know. I would never but.. children and even adults have turned from me in disgust and fright .." He hung his head before nodding. "My home caught fire at night. I woke and tried to rescue my parents but... I was too weak."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel looked at him with compassion as he listened, his heart warm and wishing once more that he could do something to help the man. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't begin to imagine what that must have been like, and you only a child..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head and laid back. "It wasn't bravery. I was terrified and was scared for my parents. I wanted them with me. I didn't want to escape alone.."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel nodded closing his eyes for a moment. "That must have been very hard..." he said quietly.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly. "It was over twenty years ago now. It has healed for the most part. It is the scars that remind me of my failure and scares people away that still hurts..."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Perhaps you shouldn't waste your energy on those who are scared off by them." Gabriel suggested. "There's people that say you are a good constable and care for the people's wellbeing. Those qualities matter."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded to him with a small smile. "But I want everyone to accept me so I hide it. I don't get close to anyone so it hasn't been a problem before. At least outwardly..." He slumped back against the pillows. "Sorry.. I am just tired."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel nodded. The man did not seem to value himself as much as others did. "Would you like me to go?"