Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Bat in the Belfry and Rat in the Pantry [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

135 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'1"

Miss rose a brow as she stepped into the room with a cup of tea for him, since she already had it started. "Why do you look troubled so? Is it work? You do not get paid enough for how hard you struggle so."
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'3"

Only years of reflexes kept him from jumping like a startled cat. Instead, he sighed, shook his head, leaned back against the cabinet, and used the dramatics to come up with something to save his own hide.

“A woman like you deserves better than this life, Nisa. Moving town from town in hopes of finding somewhere our father’s name is not invoked against us in. The world may see Baba and I as murderers... but you, Nisa. You radiate innocence. Innocence and beauty. You could have so much more!” He clasped his hands before himself, looking up. “What do you think of marrying, dear sister?”

135 Posts
4 Threads

The unassuming woman laughed softly as she walked up to him. "I could never leave you brother until you found happiness. Who will take care of you when the maids all fail you? Who will be home to welcome you after a tough day at work? I would worry so about you being alone." She sighed putting a hand to her face as she glanced at him sadly. "I would fear you are not eating well and living in filth. Besides, I would miss you terribly. When you are well cared for... maybe. Though I have yet to meet a man who is even slightly interesting."
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

“I am fortunate to have a sister so sweet, dear Nisa,” he said with an unwavering smile that did not meet his eyes. “You have taught me much in what to look for in a good woman.”

Namely, someone who could keep the same maid for a year.

Aslan had long ago learned to look comfortable with implications that he could not metaphorically wipe his own arse. Sometimes, he even believed it.

This was not one of them.

“There is the ball,” he said before he thought out the implications of a man who would catch her attention.

Too late. The words were already rolling.

“Plenty of well-bred men associate with the McPadraics – and those of our station have been invited, too. Once in a lifetime opportunity.”

Allah. He was willing to sentence someone else to death for a mere night of relief from her.

135 Posts
4 Threads

Nisa seemed deep in thought. She started back towards the kitchen to continue with his dinner. "Ah that sounds wonderful. It will give us both a chance out of the house and to meet people. I so rarely leave the house." The world was big and unpredictable. People didn't even care about etiquette most of the time.

"We shall go together and have a splendid time, shall we? Perhaps I will find a fair lady for you."
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

[CW: Some misogyny.]

His smile fluttered like a moth fighting a gust of wind, but he persevered.

Aslan never considered himself much of a romantic. Sure, a handful of trysts back when they still had a family to go on holiday with... and maybe a kiss bound for somewhere nowhere before it was fair to suspect the endless maids’ disappearances before he started firing them might have had to do with Nisa. But, romance was for women. 

...and maybe men who didn’t have a body count by proxy.

He was startled to find just how unsettling the idea of Nisa finding him someone disturbed him – even if she lived!

Alas. Aslan schooled his face into a careful smile that he hoped looked more whimsy than cringe, and it was decided.

135 Posts
4 Threads

The brunette eyed her brother for a moment, as if studying the meaning behind his smile. Whatever she discovered seemed to please her as she perked up and nodded. "I should get a new dress for the occasion!" She turned and went back to cooking.