or Register?

[CW] Tick Tock goes the Broken Clock
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'3"

Nisa’s raised brow met an unfazed expression.

“I suppose I was,” he answered agreeably.

Aslan gently eased the door closed behind her. He wasn’t sure why. Maybe if he contained the chaos to one room at a time, it would seep out and strangle less people to death.

Right. Superstition. Superstition served him well as anything else.

Superstition did not evade his sister’s eternal blood lust. Worse: toward a woman he had set her focus on. His lips thinned, though he did not seem especially emotional about this apparent revelation. He glanced to the side; took a breath, and took her furious hands in his.

“I’m sorry, Nisa.”

Was she already dead? Before he could whip up an explanation, or even feel betrayed, her breath was done.

She lived, still, apparently. She was … alive, from the sounds of it. That was the more shocking part of it, and for a moment Aslan was at a loss for words. He put his arms around her.

“This is on me, Nisa,” he murmured. “I should have said something sooner. She did not betray any vow, implied or otherwise.”

He released her, summoning what he figured the most compelling case for their ‘dissolution’ was whilst his heart hammered in his ear.

“I do not regret what we had, but what we had would never have been accepted by her parents. She is from enormous wealth, and needs a husband to match it. She went with my blessing, Nisa.”

Messages In This Thread
Tick Tock goes the Broken Clock - by Nisa Koç - 07-10-2022, 10:59 PM
RE: Tick Tock goes the Broken Clock - by Aslan Koç - 07-16-2022, 12:21 AM