or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts [The British Isles]
Quackjob

290 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'8"
Alias: tomato

Arthur did not seem to mind that his attention was not returned. If he sensed that anything was wrong with Malachi, it did not show on his face as he turned back to the people across the table. Hearing that neither Levi nor Miriam had ever done a thing in the kitchen was not in the least surprising to him, but he nodded in agreement as they spoke.

“I would greatly appreciate that,” he said to Miriam, putting more emphasis on his words than necessary.

Was Malachi drinking more than usual? Arthur couldn’t tell. He’d only seen him drink once before, at the masquerade. And even then, he’d been influenced by more than just wine.

“The help in Whitby is - well, I suppose it should matter more about the character of the persons hired rather than where they’re from. Good people and bad people are everywhere, though it’s not my place to judge.”

He waved his hand lightly, smiling at Levi and his wife. The cake he had praised so much still took up more of his plate than it left empty.

There was a short but purposeful glance to Miriam, though Arthur’s thoughts were far from her. Instead, he thought about Malachi, the firsts they would be sharing together tonight. The first they would share over the course of the test go their lives together.

The ring, still in his back pocket.

The effect it gave was a subtle one, only obvious to those who were paying close attention to Arthur. A red blush coming across his cheeks from just a glance at the woman opposite him.

“It is getting late, isn’t it? I had lost track of time. I should retire soon.” Again, he pressed his fingers into Malachi’s leg.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts - by Arthur Adams - 06-29-2022, 02:11 AM
RE: Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts - by Fermin - 06-30-2022, 12:30 AM