Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts [The British Isles]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Perhaps for the first time since they had arrived in the dining hall, Malachi allowed himself to look over at his lover.

And what a sight! To his surprise, his comment must have shocked his dear Arthur, who flashed a similar look to the one he had seen on the way to the table. With his pretty green eyes forced wide, his cheeks colored pink – Malachi smiled in spite of himself.

“You are perfectly fine, Arthur, there is no need to apologize.”

Arthur had done nothing wrong. All he had done was defend him, and that was more than Malachi could say for most of the people in his life. As much as he loved the way such family matters seemed to fluster him, Malachi did not want him to genuinely feel as if he had done something terrible for having insulted Miriam Brennan.

Waiting until she had finished chewing, Mara offered a simple nod, and said, “she has shown more tonight than she used to.”

More civility than she used to show with Malachi, but neither he nor his sister-in-law felt the need to say that outright.

To prove her point, there was a yell from the other room.

“Arthur,” Malachi set his hand over his again. Leaned closer, if not as close as he wanted.

“It’s alright. None of this is because of you. My mother simply has a temper that is very difficult not to test – if anything, your presence has lessened it.”

“Indeed,” Mara agreed. “I suspect the real dinner party will start with dessert. Doctor Adams, I do hope you have fast reflexes. Prepare to duck.”

“Don’t- no.” Malachi shook his head at that, curling his fingers around Arthur’s to hold onto them. “Arthur, don’t involve yourself. It will all be over soon.”

All of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts - by Malachi Brennan - 06-27-2022, 09:10 PM
RE: Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts - by Fermin - 06-30-2022, 12:30 AM