or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts [The British Isles]
Quackjob

290 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'8"
Alias: tomato

Arthur was all too pleased to hear Malachi speak for the first time all dinner, turning to look at him when he cleared his throat and then away again, too soon, as Miriam interrupted.  He did not look again, instead accepting the wine poured for him with a nod to the servant.

Of course Miriam knew what she was doing, and everyone else at the table did not even try to stop her.  Overlooking Malachi was something engrained in their blood, after all, wasn't it?

Luckily, Arthur had a very different instinct when it came to Malachi.  In pre-emptive apology, he squeezed the other's thigh before he spoke.

"We're friends, yes, and very close ones at that.  As I believe I said before, he helped me during a very hard time in my life recently, and he has been very kind to me all the time that I have known him.  We aren't without our disagreements and tiffs, of course, but what friends are?"  Arthur's expression was soft but serious as he eyed all three people across from him.

"I truly wonder who has been a better influence on who, sometimes.  I encourage Malachi to step out of his comfort zone, enjoy life outside of the church, but he makes me think about many things.  Myself, what I want in my life - religion makes you very philosophical, I have learned.  Really, Mrs. Brennan, you should be very proud of the man he is today."

A gentle smile graced the doctors lips, along with a sharp tilt of his head.

"As for his table manners, well, in my experience with Malachi - of which, I have many - I've found that he's perfectly capable of sitting at a table, as well as many other things.  So long as he is welcomed to do so."

His rant complete, Arthur took a quiet breath and glanced down at his plate, and then up again at Miriam.

"Would you pass the salt?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts - by Arthur Adams - 06-27-2022, 06:53 PM
RE: Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts - by Fermin - 06-30-2022, 12:30 AM