Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts [The British Isles]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

“Oh, my love,” sighed Malachi. “He is already here.”

As if on cue, as soon as they stepped out onto the central path, voices could be heard from inside the house. He threw Arthur a look that spoke to his regret for that fact, but did not let it delay him any longer.

Malachi led him back to the front entrance, rolling his shoulders back and straightening his already perfect posture like it would somehow improve it further. A raised hand grabbed the door knocker and knocked twice.

The manservant, having already been close for his previous guests, let them inside the noisy reception area quite quickly, with a bow of his head and a sweeping arm gesture. Malachi motioned for Arthur to enter first and followed after him, eyes sweeping over the scene as they adjusted to the dimmer light.

Miriam was dazzling. She always was. Gone was the casual evening gown she’d worn the night before, replaced by a proper dress with far too many decorative bits and ruffles to cost less than a nice house in Whitby. Her collar nearly reached her powdered chin, while her corset pulled in her waist and, together with her many skirts, gave the illusion of hips she did not have.

The woman standing before her looked almost drab in comparison. Young, or at least she still looked it, with a lovely painted face that far exceeded the muted tones and conservative nature of her dress. Beside her stood a man just as handsome, just as brightly blond, that shared the piercing blue eyes of his mother.

He was laughing when they entered, and even once he’d turned his head the pleasant sound continued.

“Levi, dear, this is the doctor I mentioned that was here in London for the conference,” said Miriam, flashing a smile Arthur’s way.

“Oh, of course,” Levi quieted himself, but the smile remained. He approached them with his wife at his side, and held out a hand. “Good evening, doctor. My name is Levi Brennan, and this is my wife, Mara Brennan.”

She curtsied politely, but her contemplative expression had not changed since they’d entered the house. Her eyes found Malachi for a moment before passing over him, but none said a word, and Malachi did not try to greet them.

“I do hope you do not mind the company,” Levi said. “My wife and I try to visit as often as we can. I’m sure you understand.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts - by Malachi Brennan - 06-27-2022, 01:33 AM
RE: Into The Midst Of Laughing Beasts - by Fermin - 06-30-2022, 12:30 AM