Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Shit Job [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

It was always a difficult task to keep himself from wincing when he heard Mister Brennan.

“There were marks on it,” he said first, regarding the lockbox.

“I have served many churches, yes. How long have you been a constable, sir?”

295 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 6'

Wesley nodded as he wrote again. "Then it is indeed not the child. Perhaps someone who has done that sort of thing before."

He shrugged. "Eight years now. I became one just before our local constable, Crane, became one." He wondered what the other wanted to know for, but didn't ask. He went down to write some more.

"When did you notice the lock had been scratched up?"
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Eight years! Perhaps that should not have surprised him, but it did. Malachi dipped his head in acknowledgement of the answer.

“Oh, when I first arrived. I suspect someone has been taking advantage of the resources provided by the church since then, however,” he said, crossing his legs again and glancing off to the side. “I do have another question, constable. Is it a crime to willingly bare one’s self to another, without their consent?”

295 Posts
3 Threads

The constable looked down to note his words. "I see. Then it could have been there before? Or did you notice new marks?"

His other question had the man raise a brow as he looked slowly toward the other. He entwined his fingers being curious where the other was going. Was he about to admit to some crime?

"It is indeed a crime. We have decency laws in this country to keep things proper. Why?"
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

“They could have been, surely,” he agreed easily enough. “I just thought it something I should mention, considering the rest of it.”

Malachi clicked his tongue. He considered something for a moment before he spoke again.

“I am… suspicious of other misconduct at the church,” he admitted. “But I do not wish to make any false accusations. I have merely heard rumors.”

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley nodded. "It is important to mention, even if it is just a feeling. if you notice new scratches, you can let me know. Churches are easy targets because people don't expect violence if caught. Sometimes even forgiveness." He said, though it was laughable how often that actually happened. Separate a priest from his money and Wesley will definitely hear about it.

He hmed and took another page and started to write. "Do you think it is the other priest? If you think something is going on, you should tell us. That is what investigation is for." He said quickly.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

“No, certainly not,” came Malachi’s swift response. He looked back to the constable at his desk.

“Father Richards would never do such a thing. Rather, I believe he was the… victim, so to speak,” he confessed. “You see, I have been allowing a homeless man shelter at the church, as he has nowhere else to go and I wished to help. However…”

There was a pause, as the priest was clearly hesitant to go on.

“Well. I do not want to cause him any harm. But he has harassed Father Richards and myself several times since.”

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley shrugged at his reply.

He looked curious and wrote things down. "Well there was your mistake, letting a homeless man stay. They are homeless for a reason, you know. If it isn't from alcohol, it is laziness or deviance nature. Is he still there? We can pick him up today. Who knows if he would do the same to women or children?"

He honestly could have cared less about a homeless man exposing himself to a priest, but he did want to clean up the town and even the smallest trash had to be eliminated when the chance presented itself.