or Register?

[Complete] Not To Worry [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Maxim!  Handsome, nice, and smart - a very good man for Nettie then.  Already, Mable liked the sound of this man - why couldn't somebody like that take interest in Edmund, rather than Francis?

Mable brought a hand to her face when Nettie did, embarrassed for her, though she didn't completely know why.  Something naughty!  Like throwing knives around an abandoned house, or sleeping in the sand on the beach like she and Edward had done?  Or something gross-naughty like kissing in the bathroom?

"Whether or not he needs something, it would be very nice to get him something that reminds him of you," Mable said eventually.  "Something he'll see everyday, like... like a necklace, or a ring!  Oh, but those are expensive I suppose..."

154 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'4"

It was wonderful how the girl got embarrassed with her. A bonding between ladies was something she missed from London as she hadn't made any female friends other than the beginnings of an acquaintance at the knitting and embroidery club. "That's true. I don't have the money for something expensive, and he has most books I could think of.."Suddenly she blushed and looked at her. She seemed nervous to say it aloud so she whispered again. "What about.. a locket of hair. Is that too soon? Too weird for him? It's such a popular romantic memento in literature." She seemed in thought.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Hair - in a locket?  How odd!  Mable couldn't imagine ever wanting someone's hair, just for something to remember them by... but maybe it was the same as keeping a shell the same color as your friends' eye.

"If you think it's a good idea, I do too," she said, "but you know what I just thought of?  My friend Edward and I have shells the color of each other's eyes!  Mine is blue, and his is green, and - well, I don't know about him, but I keep my shell with me everywhere.  So you could do that, or the hair thing!  I think both are very sweet."

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie was deep in thought and nodded. "That's not as strange." She seemed to ponder it before standing. "Alright, to the jewelry store. We will see if they have something blue that matches my eyes. I am not sure what he'd wear but sometimes he dresses in a suit so suit buttons or cuff links may work. Or a stick pin.' She said starting to list things as they walked. "If I see nothing but a locket, I could always put something else in it if I find something I like. Maybe I could dry a wisteria flower and put that in there. Those are my favorite flowers. It sort of counts?"
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

"Miss Nettie, flowers are the best thing of all to gift someone!  That will definitely work.  Especially in a locket, how pretty!  He'll be absolutely enamored with you afterwards, I just know it."

Mable took Nettie's free hand as they walked, looking around for a jewelry shop that might have something more colorful than usual.  In her opinion, all shops should try to be as colorful as possible.  Or at least have lots of pink things.

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie gently held the girl's hand and walked with a smile on her face until they came upon a small jewelry shop that seemed not too fancy. "I think this is the place." She said cheerfully and held the door open again for the girl. "I think this might be a good idea too. We will hopefully find a pretty locket that isn't too expensive." She said quietly. "It doesn't need to be big, the flowers are very small." She let her go on ahead to look at all of the pretty stuff. "Look for blue things a man could wear. Unless you think it should match his own eyes?"
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable nodded very seriously at Nettie's specifications, and set off within the store to look for a nice locket a man could wear.  A small one too, that didn't look very expensive, but that was a little difficult.  Everything here looked expensive to Mable - she'd not come from money, and she'd never seen so many shiny things in one place before.

There were rings and necklaces and small diamonds that still looked absolutely stunning.  They weren't what Nettie wanted to get, though, so Mable forced herself to step away and focus on lockets.  Lockets!

Another table nearer to the side wall had a small selection of pretty lockets to choose from, and Mable looked them all over carefully before picking up one that was small and brassy.  The design on the front was simple and swirly, and it reminded Mable if illustrations of the wind.  She held it up and showed Nettie, eyes wide and searching for her approval.

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie moved around the place and looked at the items. Some were very nice and she thought they'd look good on him, but then anything would look good with Maxim, he made everything better. She found herself not certain what she should get once more, until Mable got her attention.

"Oh, it's perfect Mable!" She carefully cradled it in her hands. "Thank you, so much. He will love it!" She hugged the girl with one arm and stood to go pay for it. As she walked, she saw a tiny simple ring with a little stone on it. It was pretty and the stone was a lovely light blue. She seemed in thought and quickly grabbed it to pay for it as well. She pocketed the items and then turned back to her. "So, where to now? We still need to get supplies to fix your book. But I'm free to do anything you like.'
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Nettie liked the locket she'd found!  Oh, Mable was so glad that she did.  Hopefully, Maxim would like it too.  From what Nettie had told her of him, he seemed like a very sweet man, so he probably would!

Again, Mable took Nettie's hand in her own as they walked back onto the street.  "I think just the things to fix my book is all I need," she said.  "I know it's not very late yet, but... I've already had a very long day, so I think I'd like to just get those things and fix my book.  And learn to embroider too, of course!  Unless there's anything else you'd like to do."

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie shook her head and smiled as she lightly squeezed the hand. "I am totally good and you helped me pick out a gift! I can't think if anything more that I could need. Are you sure you don't want anything else? We can drop by the bakery or flower shop since you love flowers?" She said as they were already going to a shop that would have the glue and paper.