or Register?

[Complete] Not To Worry [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

"Nothing is prettier than rainbows and roses," Mable giggled, and followed Nettie to a table with smaller cloths.  They were all very bland and boring - perfect for her to use as practice!  Some of them were even very soft, and Mable couldn't resist touching them to her cheek.

"Miss Nettie, are these very expensive?  They're so lovely!  Promise me you aren't spending very much on me.  I still feel very bad about being rude to you earlier."

154 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'4"

Nettie looked very at ease as she saw Mable enjoying the silky soft handkerchiefs and smiled. She leaned down and hugged the girl with one arm. "Expensive? no. But if you feel bad, I'll tell you something. I can buy you five of the rougher ones and four of the nicer ones. You make me one very nice one and it will be paying me back for the whole lot. Including the threads." She said and held out her hand to shake with the girl.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable leaned into the hug with ease and seemed to consider the offer.  It did not take her very long to come to a decision, though, because a moment later her hand was in Nettie's and she was shaking it with excitement.  "A deals a deals a deal!"

She took the cloths Nettie had picked out and put some back until she had five rough ones and four nice ones, like Nettie had said.  Among the nice cloths was the very soft one Mable liked.  She offered the stack back to the woman.

"These are my final choices, Miss!  Thank you very much for our generosity!"

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie was so happy to get the hug. She nodded as she took the cloths to pay for them. "Are you sure you don't want a new dress? I don't mind really. It can be a surprise for when you see Father Brennan again." She said, though she still hoped he'd return. He said he would but, he hadn't been acting like the man she'd known all her life.

"And it isn't all out of kindness. It proves I took care of you, and besides, I like showing off my skill and teaching. Seeing you able to do it too will be very fulfilling for me." She said sincerely.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

To take care of someone that wasn't her responsibility sounded like kindness to Mable, but maybe there was a distinction that only adults were privy to.  Whatever - the difference didn't matter to Mable, so long as she got to make pretty flower designs in the cloth.

A new dress would have been nice, of course, but...  "Yes, I'm sure.  I like this dress a lot, and I'd feel bad to replace it so soon."

She followed Nettie to the counter to purchase the cloths, eyes still wandering around the store at all the pretty things she would be sure to afford one day.  At the counter, a display of brightly colored thread quickly stole Mable's attention, and she took a pink colored bundle before she could think much of it.  "Woah, Miss Nettie, can I please get this color?  It's my favorite!  I don't need any others but this one!"

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie nodded and smiled kindly at the girl. She would have explained that it wasn't replacing but the girl hadn't lived with the same luxury she'd been blessed with. She nodded. "Of course, if you change your mind don't hesitate to let me know."

She was surprised when the girl became excited by the colored thread. Without much thought. She plucked up another and bought all of them. "Since it is your favorite, I'll make you something with this color too, if you'll let me." The woman looked hopeful at her.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable looked amazed at the amount of thread Nettie purchased.  Oh, Nettie was definitely Father Brennan's niece - she was just as kind and generous as him.  It was obvious where she got it from to Mable.

"I would be a fool to say no to that," Mable responded, nearly squealing.  "Will you really make me something?  Miss Nettie I'll treasure it forever if you do!"

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie couldn't help but laugh as she beamed at the girl. "That is what I wanted to hear. I really do hope whatever I make, you will really love it. I'm going to try very hard and make it as pretty as I can. " She didn't know what she would make, but she had an idea.

"Now, we have our things for embroidery..." she lead her towards the door. "What next? I wouldn't mind looking at books. But I was also thinking about looking for a gift for another friend of mine. Do you think it odd for a woman to give a man she's courting a present?" She looked to the girl. True in normal society it was weird, but she didn't care always about what was normal and she thought Maxim would like something.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Books and embroidery was the absolute last thing on Mable’s mind once Nettie mentioned courting someone.  A man, even!  A man she liked!  Mable could have jumped up and down and ran around in circles in her excitement.

“Miss Nettie, you’re courting someone?!  How exciting!  What is his name?  Is he very nice, and very handsome?  I hope he is, he must be for someone as pretty as you to like him!”  Mable then remembered she’d been asked a question.

“Oh, I don’t think it odd at all to give a man a present!  I think it’s very sweet actually, and sometimes, it’s only fair!  I hear usually, ladies get presents all the time, so I bet he’ll be very pleased to get something for once.  Especially from you!  What were you thinking of getting him?  Would you let me help choose something out for him?  I’m very amazing at these things, you know!”

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie immediately blushed and waved the girl to calm down. She held up a finger. "Shh.. we've just started. I'm not sure I'm ready to just talk about it out loud so casually. I hadn't even told my uncle we were. I wanted him to meet him first but.." she shrugged helplessly. Then she smiled and knelt down to speak to her a bit more quietly. "Oh. His name is Maxim, he is maybe the most handsome man I've ever met. And so nice! " She tapped her fingers together as she was getting a little giddy talking about it. "Devilishly smart too. "

"Oh, I am so glad you agree! I really don't know what to get him. He doesn't really need anything. But just a little something would be nice." She pouted in thought but then looked around before speaking. "I know me and him just started to court, but I think next time we meet up. I might do something so naughty." She blushed and covered her cheeks in embarrassment. "I think I'll ask him to hold my hands. Oh, but that might be too soon. Is that fourth date? I'm not used to this sort of thing."