Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Lose Your Faith In Me [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

“No,” Malachi shook his head, vehement. “No doctors. Nettie, don’t, please.”

He’d been mostly quiet while she tended to him, unable to muster up the strength to speak while she looked upon him in his current condition – but the mention of a doctor had his heart jump in an unpleasant fluttering way.

“It won’t get worse. I’m already feeling better than I was,” he lied. “I’ll keep an eye on all of it and I’ll come to you if I need help again, alright?”

154 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'4"

Why was he asking her to do this. She stared at his worst injury just before she started to wrap the gauze over the wound.

"I.. anything you say. " She said in defeat. "But I am not a doctor. I'm not even a nurse. I'll do my best, but if you do get bad... " she didn't want him to leave her.

"I may reconsider before you've gone bedridden and delirious. I value your life more than your pride, uncle. Even if I will continue to play a part in keeping it a secret."
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

She might reconsider? That was enough to pry his eyes off of the floor, but he had to look at the wall instead so as not to glare at her.

“It isn’t a matter of pride, Nettie,” Malachi insisted, doing his best to keep his voice even.

“Please promise me you won’t.”

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie frowned at him but it wasn't anger. "Alright. If.. there is nothing I can do to convince you..' Her voice had gone quiet and barely audible. She wanted to argue that a good doctor would keep anything they saw a secret, that they could find someone who didn't know him and would leave town just as quickly. But he didn't care. He didn't care that he could die. Perhaps she was just selfish. It was his right to live or die if he chose.

She felt her throat tighten as she couldn't think about it. Her eyes remained down on her work as she became silent to fix him up.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi knew that he had upset her, but he didn’t know what else to do. The only doctor he had ever seen had turned out to be… well, the reason for his injuries rather than the cure. He had no desire to ever see another one – he never had, and he’d made it this far, right? He’d dealt with injuries worse than these, without anyone’s help but his own.

Never injuries like these, but a wound was a wound. Blood was blood.

He was quiet too, after that. He lifted his arms and moved as necessary, but he was weak, and he was still so tired. Once Nettie had finished, Malachi moved to sit carefully at the edge of the bed, wincing as he did so.

“I’m sorry,” he finally said. “I know this is hard for you. I haven’t ever… had anyone to help me before.”

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie frowned at him when he sat down. She walked over with her hands on her hips. "Why are you apologizing to me? Who cares how hard it is for me. Look how hurt you are. This is what I'm worried about. I..' She shook her head and placed a hand over her face. "I know I asked and I am glad I got to heal you. But I worry about you getting hurt more. And not making it. I know you want me to leave it alone and not bother you about it, but.. i know it's selfish but.. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to even imagine the world without you in it. You're so important to me."

Yeah when she said it out loud, it was completely selfish and she wanted to apologize and beg him to think of her as he always had. But she'd said it and didn't fully want to take it back. "I know what I said, just.. please.. if you need anything, rely on me. If you want me to tell no one , I won't. Maybe I can find a medical book in town to help with the more serious stuff if it comes up." It was a terrible excuse for real help but she would keep his promise. If she broke it or lied to him, he might cast her aside and never speak to her again.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Selfish? It was anything but selfish to worry and want him to stay alive. Malachi might have always bristled at being cared for in such fashion by someone that should have relied upon him instead, but it did not mean he thought her selfish, or was not grateful for her care.

“Nettie. I’m not going to die,” he promised. “And it isn’t selfish of you. I… appreciate that you care so much for me, and I’ve told you everything that I can. I just have to get through this for myself.”

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie shook her head. She poured him a glass of water and brought it to him to drink. "You say that, but you aren't invincible. Some of these wounds like so bad, I'm glad they are more superficial. But a wound can get infected, the more injuries means the more chances. I can't help but worry. "

She nodded and waited until he took the glass and moved the bed sheets. "Drink it and get under the blankets to sleep. You look so tired. Do you want me to come check back on you today, or tomorrow? I won't ask anything else and I won't tell anyone where to find you. You went to confession as you said." Her eyes moved up to his hoping he would let her help and she wouldn't come to the room later to find it empty. "And if you want or need anything, don't hesitate to ask. It is honestly the least but also the only thing I can do for you."
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi accepted the glass of water when it was offered, but he did not drink it just yet, in spite of his perpetually dry throat.

“I won’t let them get infected,” came his quiet insistence. While she moved the bedsheets, he lifted the glass to his mouth and sipped at it slowly, before setting it aside.

Too much and he’d feel even sicker than he already did.

“Tomorrow,” he decided, glancing at her. “I’ll stay here until tomorrow. You can find me here then, if you still want to.”

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie rose her brow. "Of course I'll want to. If you want to stay longer, do so I'll make sure the room is paid off." Was it strange to act like she had money when theirs came almost from the same source? She didn't think about it. She helped him to bed so she could tuck him in. "Is there anything I can offer you before I leave? I want you to sleep well. And I'll return in the morning."

She asked, though was sure he wouldn't ask for anything. "If you want more medicine I can get that too."