[Complete] Keep Me Like A Secret [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: WOW!
Height: 5'4"
Alias: tomato

Edmund willed himself to breathe and think about his words before he said them out loud.  he had just met Francis, and things were just becoming good, he didn't want to ruin them so quickly.  In the moment of quiet, Mable spoke instead.

"I was going to find out eventually," she repeated, "so I don't even know why you don't tell me!  I'm going to be worried about you either way!"

"Mable, go inside," Edmund said, holding out a hand to quiet her.  The girl looked at him and her shoulder slumped, walking around him and towards the hotel.  Before she was too far away, she turned and looked back at Francis.

"I told you he was dead."

She looked away, the weight of her gaze replaced by Edmund's.  "What does that mean?  What did she tell you?  Why did you tell her?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

Francis gave her a sad look then looked to him. He winced and held up his hands. "It's.. alright. Calm down, look. She was curious and people don't just pick up batons. It was no wonder she'd have questions. I don't know why you told her nothing. To make it mysterious only makes it worse, I think. And I wanted her to be ok with things and to trust in you more. But she feels like you aren't whoever you were in America."

He shut his eyes. "She told me a little, like your real name and.. your dad.. and something about debtors. I mean, I get it. I'm not telling anyone anything. And i know it wasn't my business to know. Water under the bridge, I swear." He made a gesture of his mouth being silenced. " But you should tell her more, I know she's a kid and you are trying to protect her. But it's like telling her not to go out, instead of her letting you know she leaves she'd sneak out and you have no idea where she went. Sometimes, you just need to trust in people even to make mistakes."
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Edmund listened closely and intently as Francis relayed their conversation to him.  The only move he made was to cover his mouth when he mentioned his real name, and it was a good thing, because by the time he said debtors, Edmund thought he was going to be sick.

God.  God in heaven.  Damn his sister and her loud mouth.

"Francis," he whispered behind his mouth, "I... jesus."  He wiped his face and pushed his hair back, gathering his thoughts.

"Look, I see that you're worried about - about us, and about her, but please don't tell me how to - to - to parent her."  He hated that word, parent.  He never wanted to be one, he never should have been one, but he had to.  There wasn't another choice.  "I've been doing it my whole life, and I know her better than anyone else.  Don't - please forget what she told you, I didn't... want you to know about that."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis frowned and shook his head. "Look I don't know a lot, and that's fine. You don't want me to know, I know nothing. I know a guy named Edmund I met last night and his sister Mable. That's it. Everything in our past doesn't matter, right? And I know I don't have a right to tell you anything I was just concerned, and I wanted to help." He looked down. "I guess I failed you, huh?"
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Edmund was shaking and he hated it.  Clenched his fists to try and hide that fact as he tried to calm himself.

"No," he said, "no, Francis, you didn't fail me, you didn't do anything wrong.  I - I shouldn't have let you go after Mable, that's not your fault."  He looked around the street and took a step closer to the other.  Not close enough to be suspicious or telling, just close enough to remind him that he was there, even if he wouldn't look at him.

"It's fine, it's alright, I promise.  I - I appreciate your concern, I really do.  I guess I'm just - I dunno.  Worried, all the time, about everything."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis noticed him step closer and look around. He glanced around too and then hugged him tightly. It wasn't too suspicious, he was sure. " No, it's ok.. I did find her and you didn't have to go to the beach, right?"He looked at him begging him to not be mad. "And yeah we talked about stuff, but none of it mattered. Don't be mad at her, and I'd like it if you weren't mad at me but I don't have the right to ask anything from you."

He made sure no one was looking since they were right by the hotel. He touched his cheek for just a moment before pulling back. "It's ok you just.. need to remember you aren't alone. Your sister does care. And I don't have money or anything to help you but myself. I am here for you, if you want me to be. So you aren't bearing this load by yourself. Alright?"
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Francis was too precious.  He hugged Edmund and touched him so sweetly, like he wasn't a liar.  That, more than anything, made his stomach roll and his heart hurt.  He was promising himself to Edmund with no idea what it might mean for him, but he did it anyway.

What did Edmund do to deserve him?

"Alright," he agreed quietly.  He felt so tired.  "I'll remember that, but only if you remember that - that you can ask me for anything, okay?  I don't know if I'll be able to do everything you ask, but I do know that I'll try my hardest to.  Don't be afraid to speak your mind to me, okay?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis smiled and seemed to want to say or do something but it was far too open. "Alright.. come with me for a moment?" He asked as he tried to guide him to a small alley between the hotel and the nearest building. He just wanted a moment without prying eyes.

"I never want much of anything in life. I get by on having nothing and just getting what I can for the next day. You and your sister need so much more. So..if I can just.. have this..' he said gesturing to the space between him and Edmund, saying he wanted whatever they had together to keep going. "That's all I ever need from you. It's more than I could hope for."
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Edmund followed Francis without hesitation, stopping only when he did and listened to him speak with a soft but growing smile.  He took Francis' hand.

"Then you have this," he said.  "You have this for as long as you want it.  For - for as long as I can give it to you.  It's yours."

He stepped closer to Francis, emboldened now that they were away from the street.  They were nearly nose to nose before he stopped, unable to move any closer.  His cheeks were red as he looked up at Francis, asking him for something he didn't have the courage to say out loud.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis looked relieved. He leaned against the stone wall and drew the other close. He looked into those eyes. His own were hungry for something be didn't dare say.

He stroked his cheek and brushed his nose against Edmund's. "May I kiss you?" He said in a low breathy tone. The moment the other affirmed his lips were against the other again, needy but tender.