or Register?

[Complete] Keep Me Like A Secret [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mable's face pinched at Francis' words, but she seemed interested in his offer when it came.

"You'd really let yourself be in debt just to get me out of the water?  You know I'm here all the time, right?  I'll probably come back later today, even."  Still, the parameters he'd set left a lot of other stuff open.  After another moment, Mable stood up from the water and held a hand out to Francis.

"Alright, fine!  It's a deal.  But don't forget that you owe me, okay?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

Francis stood and smiled at her holding out his hand. "A deal is a deal. And you can totally return here later. I just told him I'd come back with you and I really want to. Besides, I am happy to walk with you a little since you are so much nicer to me today." He said hoping to see her act talkative and happy to speak to him again.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable huffed.  "Well, I think I was very nice to you last night too, considering the circumstances!  God knows I could have been a whole lot meaner, but I wasn't.  Count your blessings!"

Without waiting for a response, Mable splashed back to dry ground, salty water flying off of her as she shook herself from head to toe.

"Go on then, you lead the way.  You know where he is, right?  Since you like him so much."  Her teasing was light, and she spoke with a wide smile, hands clasped under her chin like she was ogling.  "Are you gonna take him on a date?  He likes picnics and flowers.  But then, who doesn't?  Oh, and he really doesn't like sweets, so don't get him candy, but if you have to, get him lemon flavors.  Any more questions?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis pouted, "I hadn't done anything to you though. I was just hanging out with your brother who I liked. You were very mean to me."He said somewhat playfully. "I never wanted to hurt you and I 'm sure he didn't."

He listened and nodded, "Well I have no money so I don't know how many picnics I can set up for him. But I can pick wildflowers. There are some really pretty ones around here when the season is right. And I'll remember no candy." He didn't think it would ever get to the point they'd have a date. He'll drop him soon enough. "Well anything else he likes? What does he do for fun?" The man looked at her as he walked towards the hotel.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable did not think that Francis understood that the best thing about picnics was that they required no money at all.  All you had to do was bring food outside to a nice spot and eat it there!  It was Mable's favorite way to eat, but she didn't correct him.

"He likes me," she said with a proud toss of hair.  "And he likes being outside.  Wildflowers is a very good idea, I think he'd like those very much.  Hmm... for fun, he usually plays with me.  We pretend to be fairies, or animals, things like that.  Other than that," Mable shrugged, "I don't really know.  It's usually me wanting to do things and him coming along, except lately."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis listened and nodded. "I like being outside. And that sounds like a fun game. I hope you get to play again soon." He said with a little smile then scratched idly at his cheek. "Well, I think you both should talk to each other. Perhaps he has a lot on his mind. There is a lot going on after all in his life. You guys moved all across the ocean, he's taking care of you and trying to hide from debtors and find a way to take care of you. Neither of you have a lot of money at the moment, it can be overwhelming."

Brennan wouldn't have given them a hotel room if they had had the money for it.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable fiddled with the hem of her dress as she walked with Francis and listened to him.  He suggested they they talk to each other as if it were the easiest thing in the world, as if Mable hadn't been trying to talk the whole time.  True, they had a lot going on in their life, but when had they not?  The farm was static and lonely, but that didn't make it any less dangerous than where they were now.

"I'll try," she said lightly, not wanting to get in a bad mood again now that she had just started to feel better.  "And you try too.  Talk to him if you can, and maybe then he'll talk to me."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis nodded as they walked. "How about we try to talk to him together? If he is too stubborn he won't talk to me, then at least I tried and we stop talking and you don't have me annoying you any more, right?" He offered with a small smile. "At least you gain something no matter which way it goes."
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Together!  Now that was an interesting idea.  Mable tilted her head and considered it.

"That... might work, actually!"  She couldn't imagine anything going wrong.  "He told you about that baton, right?  So maybe he'll tell you other stuff too!  And then if I'm there, he'll be telling me too!"

Mable was a genius!

"Okay, okay, lets try that!  Should we do it now, when we see him?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis nodded but looked uncertain.' He might not have wanted to tell you about the baton because it was about him being attacked and he was afraid you'd be worried. "He didn't want to mention him possibly attempting to commit a crime. "So if there is something that's too adult or he is really worried for you, I might not fight too much. But I'll try to get him to tell you a little. Alright?"