or Register?

[Complete] Keep Me Like A Secret [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

She didn't want to return it, but Francis' smile was infectious.  His words invigorated her.

"It'll be very good for me," she agreed.  "Good for everyone, I think.  You seem like a very bad influence, even if you're being okay right now."

A small wave approached the two, but it broke and by the time it reached them it barely lapped at Mable's chest.

"I have another question for you."  The girl's gaze turned very serious and her smile fell.  When she spoke again, her voice was a whisper.  "Were you two kissing in the bathroom last night?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

Francis nodded his head. "oh I am a terrible influence, I will agree on that. Though I would try my best to not do anything to hurt your not brother." He said quickly.

He watched the wave worried it would knock him back but her words hit far harder. He forced himself not to look at her.

"If we did.. would you get him in trouble?" He asked quietly. "And is that why you said you wanted to take a bath? Even though I never heard the water."
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Even though Francis didn't look at her, Mable remained staring at him even as she thought about his question.

"I didn't want to lie, but I also didn't like you in our room," she admitted shamelessly.  "Don't make me lie again.  I'll only get better with practice."

His first question seemed harder for her to answer.

"I won't get him in trouble... I don't think you were doing anything wrong, besides intruding in our space.  But I also don't like it.  I mean, if he marries you - which, he won't - but if he did, he'd not be able to have any babies.  And I think that would make him very sad.  Also, I don't like you very much, Francis.  Sorry."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis nodded. "Next time turn the water on and splash a little in your hair so you're wet. It's way more believable." He smiled at her. "I can be a very good liar if I want to be. Not that I've lied to you or your brother. I like him so I don't want to."

His eyes widened a little and he turned to her and scooted a few inches closer. "Do you think he'd want to marry me? We only met yesterday but we are doing very well together." He wanted kids? "Well, there are lots of children without mothers or fathers. We'd be great with them, well ...he would. I would be a good helper. But he could change his mind and meet a woman and she breaks his heart and after he married her for a short time and had children, they'd separate and I'd be there to mend his heart and take over where she left off." It was a silly story but he liked making up possible futures for them.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Francis' rambling brought a smile back slowly onto Mable's face.  She leaned forward a bit, trying to see more of his face.

"Do you want to marry him?  Because it sounds an awful lot like you do, Francis!"  Her hands burst up through the water and she clapped them against her face.  "Oh my goodness, you were kissing!  That's disgusting!  He was drunk, you pig!  You know, I thought so because your faces were so red and then you went into the hallway again - did you kiss in the hallway too?  Francis, you are not very good at keeping secrets at all!  You are the least subtle person I have ever met, ever!"  She laughed, throwing her head back in delight.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis blushed and covered his face. Was she happy or disgusted with him? It sounded like both!

"We were both a little drunk, to be fair! And so what if I kissed him a little? I like him and he likes me. And I mean.. we can't marry cause we're both guys. But we can live like we do. It's not like it's the first time I thought about this sort of thing."

Shit.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

The gravity of Francis' admission was lost on the young girl.  She couldn't believe they had kissed!  She didn't think her - Edmund would ever kiss anyone in his life!  She couldn't help but be happy for him.

"Oh, there has to be a way around a silly rule like that!  Can't priests marry people?  I'm very good friends with a priest, you know, I bet he wouldn't mind doing a favor like that for you two, if it would make you both happy!"

Surely Father Brennan would be only too happy to do something like that.  She hoped he would, anyway, and not get them in trouble like Francis was worried she would have.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis was so relieved she didn't notice, maybe there was a god out there somewhere afterall. A cruel being with a strange sense of humor. He looked at her and tilted his head.

"You mean.. Father Brennan?" He laughed weakly and looked away. It would be so funny to see his reaction to such a request,but he shook his head. "I don't know about that. Besides, it's too soon to suggest it. He might decide he can do better than someone like me. So we can talk about this later, alright?" At least she was happy.

"Want to come with me soon to look for your brother? If you are willing to forgive him for some things."
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable seemed to wilt as the conversation was shut down before remembering that Francis not marrying Edmund was actually a good thing.  Her eyes were drawn out to the ocean again when Francis suggested leaving.

"I've already forgiven him," she said sadly, "but that won't change what he's done.  Can't you just let him know I'm safe here?  I don't really want to leave just yet."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis looked sad she wouldn't come with him. "Are you sure? You aren't cold just sitting in this water? If you aren't letting by gones be bygones, you haven't really forgiven him. Please, I'll.." He seemed to be in thought. "I will do you a favor later. As long as it isn't just stop talking to him. That would make him sad."