Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] What makes us human?
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon closed his eyes, as if that could somehow shelter his hangover head from the shouting. "Rose... I'm sorry. Let's go home and talk there, so we don't disturb Elijah."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose took a deep breath and gave Elijah an apologetic look. She was not done shouting and she would rather have flung herself at her brother and given him a few sound blows. He just kept on making it worse and worse. She dreaded father's reaction. It made her sick with fear. She dreaded the tension that would remain for hours. And yet every time, her brother made it worse. "You were seen." She accused him through her tears. "Mr. Haight saw Mr. Crane drag you along. He said you were so drunk you couldn't stand on your own legs. You idiot!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah blinked and frowned. "That is enough. Simon is not the first person in town to accidentally drink themselves under the table, Rose. You might wish better for him, we all do. Yelling at him and shaming him will not make things better. " He sighed as this was clearly not the first time and rubbed his forehead. Sometimes have nosy people around was a blessing and sometimes a curse. "Alright. Let's calm down and deal with this. Simon, you clearly don't seem proud of what happened last night. If you need to talk about things, you know you can. It is hard to help though if you don't tell someone."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon on the other hand, couldn't fault her. He knew he kept promising her he'd behave, keep his head down, stop provoking father, he wouldn't get home drunk anymore, he wouldn't stay out all night anymore. It wasn't the first time he had broken promises. "I'm sorry, Rose..." was all he managed to mutter. Talking about things would never be an option, unless it meant talking to Zech - and even Zech didn't know everything. At times he wished he could get away from all of them.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose turned to Elijah. What did he know? He didn't know how often Simon managed to get in trouble, and what it was like for the rest of the family to watch the confrontations between him and father. "He does it, over and over again!" she complained to him. "He does what he likes and disrespects father and never keeps his promised." She was speaking fast and high-pitched.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and shook his head. "When did it start, Rose?" He asked her, since obviously Simon didn't seem up to talking about it. "These things don't just happen because the person is happy."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

"Could have been gone already and left you alone, if I didn't lose my money..." Simon snapped at Rose.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose thought, not sure why Elijah was asking questions. "I don't think..." she began. But then Simon's remark hit her and a pained look flashed over her face as if he had physically hit her. Her lip quivered. "Father wants you at the harbour at noon. And you are to make yourself useful until then," she said, her voice trembling. Then she burst into tears all over and ran away.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah gasped. "Rose!" but she was gone. He looked at Simon, not angry or even disappointed, but concerned.

"I didn't know you wanted to leave. Please talk to me, Simon. I honestly want to help." It wasn't just for Simon but for the entire family. He felt he owed them so much.
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

"Rose!" Simon looked horrified, his mouth slightly open, his brows furrowed and his eyes pained. He sank down into a chair. "Sorry about all that..." he said, looking down at his knees hopelessly. "I just need to get away from Whitby, Elijah. There's no place for me here, and I'm only doin' harm. I want to go to York, or even Manchester or London. I was savin' up money... But then father found out." He shuddered.